Peavey Valveking 212 = metal?

ProjectBert

• Members

I wonder is this amp suited for metal without exterior pedals?

I got a buyer for my Carlton (400 euro's) and I'm thinking of buying that peavey...

From a gain standpoint it will do metal no problem. Be aware, however, that its open back design (and somewhat unsatisfactory speakers) may not have as much low-end as you are used to hearing in metal music. Warehouse Veteran 30's would probably work wonders to correct much of the issue, but an open-back cab is still inherently going to have less focused low end than a well designed closed back cab.

• Members

I really tend to yes, though with an EQ+boost added later you might get more what you want ;)

If you want t00bz this is the way to go for that budget.

You might consider changing out the speakers though, cuz they are a little on the muddy side..

In that price range you should also consider the Vox stuff.. the AD50vt(lx?) or something like that can get pretty heavy too :)

I played one once and was quite impressed with the low volume sounds

• Members

From a gain standpoint it will do metal no problem. Be aware, however, that its open back design (and somewhat unsatisfactory speakers) may not have as much low-end as you are used to hearing in metal music. Warehouse Veteran 30's would probably work wonders to correct much of the issue, but an open-back cab is still inherently going to have less focused low end than a well designed closed back cab.

Do you know if teh warehouse ships internationally?

(He's located in Belgium (and I'm from Holland))

• Members

Do you know if teh warehouse ships internationally?

(He's located in Belgium (and I'm from Holland))

Whoa I didn't even see that!

According to their website, they ship USPS priority internationally. It's probably not cheap though...

Archived