is it blue enough

janusmanus

• Members

Yanus,

Interesting as always.

I think you should change the title to "Istanbul Blues":)

It sounds as if you have several different songs strung together; a collage/compilation if you will.

Perhaps too uptempo for traditional blues?

When I hear your music, I always think of movie soundtracks. You know, that flowing background music that goes largely unnoticed but without it the movie would be incomplete.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=481684

• Members

I really like the bass part in the first section. The groove though the second section is great--sounds like a three-legged horse at full trot.

As far as problems, it sounds like the guitar and bass in the first section are not quite sync'ed together.

I always like listening to your stuff; the soundtrack/background music comparison seems to come up every time you post--this is probably because the only time we Americans hear "world" music is when we watch Antonio Banderas movies.

My suggestion, as always, is to provide a little variation in each of your sections. Each part is great, but I get tired of each one before the next section comes in. This is the danger of instrumental music--If the words change, you can string together four minutes of the same three chords with the same melody, because there is variation in the lyrics. For instrumental work, I'd just find the halfway point of each section and throw in a little "something". Maybe a modified figure from another section, a line harmonized with the melody, maybe even just a little percussion lick that repeats, just to keep each part from wearing out it's welcome.

Archived