y'all mofos need to start offering some criticism on others' work.

bluesway

• Members

i'm just writing to get all to offer more opinions. don't just post tunes and duck in and out. this forum has a handful of guys who consistently are willing to listen and comment on others' works, but the majority don't, really.

maybe i'm being a big gay dick, but everyone involved here is better off the more people comment - positive or negative. that's all.

• Members

well, honestly i see no reason for me to comment on music that i clearly don't understand. i guess to me the bottom line has to be that i like the music posted before i can comment on it. if i like it and if i thought i could offer some advise that might improve the quality of it, then i would. otherwise i prefer to keep my mouth shut.

i'm not quite qualified to judge lyrics either (i have no literary background).

• Members

thanks for that, but i think you missed the point. i wasn't actually referring to anyone personally; yourself included. this thread is about people who post tunes just to get others' commentary and then just leave without contributing at all. you actually comment - fairly often, too.

also, i didn't know there were prerequisites for opinions. the majority of people offering GREAT input on others' work don't have significant backgrounds in literature - or music, for that matter; just interest. do you listen to vocal music/songwriters? do you respond to the lyrics in any way/shape/form? you do? well, then you're qualified.

• Members

My PC currently won't down/upload any music, pictures, or files so I sit here painfully unable to hear the stuff you guys are listening to. (new PC soon, AFTER new gear)

I absolutely love everyone's lyrics though, because those I can see.

:D

Archived