???

//()()

• Members

how would you write a song were it has a message backwards without saying something random?

like the stairway to heaven thing?

lol. i dont see how

but yeah, does anyone have any tips on writing dark mysterious songs. such as FFTL's new cd. i dont like their old poppish music that well, but the new CD is quite spooky/unique/dark/mysterious. how i like

any ideas?

• Members

Originally posted by //()()

how would you write a song were it has a message backwards without saying something random?

like the stairway to heaven thing?

lol. i dont see how

but yeah, does anyone have any tips on writing dark mysterious songs. such as FFTL's new cd. i dont like their old poppish music that well, but the new CD is quite spooky/unique/dark/mysterious. how i like

any ideas?

Record CD/song, wait for bored fans to play it backwards and come up with words that vaguely sound like the gibberish of your backwards voice, and presto. There may be ways to intentionally do it, but I have no idea.

What/who is FFTL?

• Members

Originally posted by darins

Record CD/song, wait for bored fans to play it backwards and come up with words that vaguely sound like the gibberish of your backwards voice, and presto. There may be ways to intentionally do it, but I have no idea.

What/who is FFTL?

theyre a really stupid band from right around my hometown... theyre solid on tape, but theyre really terrible live and just stupid guys in general. plus their music is just straight out lame. and they dress like 13 year old Hot Topic girls.

as for the topic:

like the other guy said, the chance that the backward messages were intentional is really slim... i mean really

britney spears has a song where if you play the chorus backwards it says "sleep with me, i'm not too young"... would you believe she'd say that on purpose?

• Members

I remember this one dude telling that the industry has sound scientists that study this type of stuff. I think he was also on some heavy drugs. :D

I think its mostly coincidence. Except for like some of the weird stuff The Beatles did for example, where there were things intentionally backwards and they were experimenting.

• Members

Originally posted by ryanstanley

theyre a really stupid band from right around my hometown... theyre solid on tape, but theyre really terrible live and just stupid guys in general. plus their music is just straight out lame. and they dress like 13 year old Hot Topic girls.

as for the topic:

like the other guy said, the chance that the backward messages were intentional is really slim... i mean really

britney spears has a song where if you play the chorus backwards it says "sleep with me, i'm not too young"... would you believe she'd say that on purpose?

lmao. dude, seriously? haha. my dad lives there. and my mom lives in the other place. Albany.

well, thanks guys.

Archived