Sooo...

• Members

Sounds good, you've got a real mellow thing going on there (almost like a break down to early Metallica stuff) What will the rest of the song sound like, mellow or will it pick up. Anyways sounds good and good luck.

• Members

Originally posted by Geno_xl

Sounds good, you've got a real mellow thing going on there (almost like a break down to early Metallica stuff) What will the rest of the song sound like, mellow or will it pick up. Anyways sounds good and good luck.

Thanks man. I'm not sure where these ideas are going yet. So there's still some Metallica residue in me lol?

Originally posted by eagle1

Do you have your songs in any other source?

(like soundclick?).

I do now. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ToxicBass

Dude, you've got 30 second sound clips; what did you expect?

lol. yeah, he's got a point there! i dug the vibes of everything. i think leaning toward metallica would be completely ruining what you're setting up to be good music.

ps-no, i don't like metallica, but i don't hate them, either. i just think going in that direction would be against the feels that you have established

• Members

I listened to Coast Cruzing, which I thought was very cool - you could add a lot to that, or leave it is as-is and stretch out, 'exploring the studio space' if you will.

The others did not have enough to make even a basic guess as to any writing strengths or weaknesses. They sounded well-recorded, but that's not really what you're after, is it?

• Members

What genre would you guys consider this stuff? I'm thinking of quitting the rock/metal band I'm in and finding some guys to jam with in this more 'mellow' type stuff.

Yes these are short. Like pre-demo/basic ideas. These are bits I've come up with that I would normally not show anyone or 'throw in the bin.' And usually when I come up with something I try not to finish it too. I think stuff sounds better, more dimensional or more dynamic when things are collaborated on.

darins, actually I'm glad you commented on the production. I recently switched from a 4 track to computer based recording. Cruzing was done with the computer. Glad to hear the recording quality is sounding good.

(Btw, the base line in cruzing was done with a guitar :( )

bluesway, I hear you. Thanks.

Originally posted by darins

The others did not have enough to make even a basic guess as to any writing strengths or weaknesses.

Well did they at least leave you feeling like wanting to hear more, or like I want this to be over/I cant wait to close this {censored}?

• Members

Originally posted by ToxicBass

The recording sounded horrible man, sorry. Sounds really lo-fi, and not in a good punk type way. The song Bullet With Your Name for some reason gave me a few flashes of The Doors, which was cool. No drums? Vocal harmonies sounded like they need work.

I liked the guitar part in You (Live for Today) under where the vocals sing 'live for today' and towards the end. Even though it was hard to hear. The rest sounded almost the same but with out the nice little enmeshment notes and got monotonous.

• Members

Well did they at least leave you feeling like wanting to hear more, or like I want this to be over/I cant wait to close this {censored}?

I would like to hear a finished version of Star Gaze and Silver! :p

Your guitar playing sounds good, and you have cool ideas for melodies BUT still I can't say anything constructive about them because they are just snippets.

Have you listened to Soundgarden?

IS that the way you want to go?

Kind of like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc.?

• Members

eagle1, thanks. I am a fan of Soundgarden (maybe not the biggest, but I like their work). Never cared much for Pearl Jam. I don't really want to sound like anyone else honestly, trying to find a different sound. Of course the vocals will have a big impact.

I've made the decision to break it to the other guys after this weekend that I'm done. We're just going in two different directions I guess. So if I need to start putting up some flyers/ads, what genre of musicians am I looking at (obviously not metal lol)? Should I say something like 'looking for alternative/indy musicians' (and of course mention some of my influences)?

Archived