Heaven or Hell Lyrics

tommyboy301

• Members

I think that the tag line is supposed to be the chorus, and it could work--it's not particularly compelling lyrically, but could be paired with a great melody to make a great chorus. I agree that the visual images are good.

Here's the problem as I see it--there's no conflict; for a song titled "Heaven or Hell", a lack of conflict could be a real problem. Now, I know you can come up with rebuttals, but generally speaking, songs about getting the girl are not that interesting.

• Members

Originally posted by ToxicBass

Tom,

Good visual descriptions but needs more substance. It really doesn't say anything except: She walked in the bar and bought me a drink. Parse and combine the 2nd & 3rd verse, add a chorus and maybe a bridge. The tag line could work, depending on how it is played/sung.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=481684

Tox, see your point & good observation. thanks, i'll be back.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Chicken Monkey

I think that the tag line is supposed to be the chorus, and it could work--it's not particularly compelling lyrically, but could be paired with a great melody to make a great chorus. I agree that the visual images are good.

Here's the problem as I see it--there's no conflict; for a song titled "Heaven or Hell", a lack of conflict could be a real problem. Now, I know you can come up with rebuttals, but generally speaking, songs about getting the girl are not that interesting.

Thanks CM for looking. What's tough ( for me ) to get across sometimes is the complete theme, without getting too wordy.

This will go to rewrite pile for awhile. As for the lack of conflict, i can understand your comment.....however here comes the rebuttal..ha ha.

Our senses have been inundated with the introduction of music videos. Can't say how many times while watching some, that the visual stimulation can actually make almost any lyric shine when backed up with a good tune.

I'd agree these lyrics are not extremely compelling, the music i'm using is a bit raw sounding and vocals are somewhat gravelly.

Back to the tag, if you can call it that? Heaven or Hell is supposed to be symbolic of her visual appearance. Looks like i may have missed the mark, bit of rewrite as previously suggested by Tox is in order.

In closing i'd have to ask, what makes you think he got the girl?

In a vid he could be seen as sitting alone with drink in hand, nothing but a half filled glass next to him. Lots of possibilities there.

One thing for sure, he won't ever know if he doesn't follow through.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Tom

• Members

Tom,

I wrote a similar song called "Come Heaven or Hell". Actually it's very similar, that's why I responded. It's in the to-be-recorded pile.

Don't put it in the rewrite pile or the pile will become large and your finished song pile will be small. Keep working on it. Here's a tag/chorus from my song; feel free to use it. Oh, way to go with the title, copyright symbol and your name on the lyrics. Very professional; shows you mean business.

Come Heaven or Hell

We should take a chance

I want to love

• Members

Tom,

I wrote a similar song called "Come Heaven or Hell". Actually it's very similar, that's why I responded. It's in the to-be-recorded pile.

Don't put it in the rewrite pile or the pile will become large and your finished song pile will be small. Keep working on it. Here's a tag/chorus from my song; feel free to use it. Oh, way to go with the title, copyright symbol and your name on the lyrics. Very professional; shows you mean business.

Come Heaven or Hell

We should take a chance

I want to love

• Members

No problem. The way I see it, my songs will never go further than my personal use anyways. Of course, if the A&R rep from Sony wants to sign a contract, you and I will have to work something out:thu:

This song is one of many that I wrote that:

1) I can't sing well

2) I can't play well

...oh well:confused:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=481684

• Members

No problem. The way I see it, my songs will never go further than my personal use anyways. Of course, if the A&R rep from Sony wants to sign a contract, you and I will have to work something out:thu:

This song is one of many that I wrote that:

1) I can't sing well

2) I can't play well

...oh well:confused:

Of course, if the A&R rep from Sony wants to sign a contract, you and I will have to work something out:thu:

can you or would you pm me the lyrics, i'll see what i can come up with & you can have first right of refusal & of course top billing:thu:

Archived