Truth? MESHUGGAH used Valvestates in the older records.

skunky_funk

• Members

they used to use the 8200 live alot in the 90's but not so much for final recordings. Fred uses one in the sol niger medley jam aswell.

List of what they used:

Rhythm sound:

Ibanez Universe - TC Electronic Integrated Preamplifier -

Contradictions Collapse - Marshall 2003 (I think it's called...)

None - Mesa/Boogie 50 Caliber+

Destroy Erase Improve - Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier

Chaosphere - Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier

(We used a Marshall Bi-Chorus 200 on Chaosphere when we recorded the drums me and Tomas just so we could jam together but then when we recorded the "real guitars" we used the Rectifier and miced my Marshall Lead 800 1960A cabinet with a Neumann TLM193. A REALLY good mic...)

Nevborn Custom (7-string) - TC Electronic Integrated Preamplifier -

Nothing - Line6 POD Pro

Solo Sound:

On CC I used a homemade head called Les Amp through a home made cabinet with a 12" Celestion miced with a Shure SM57 direct into a TC Electronic Chorus + Flanger...

On all the other records (except from Nothing) I used a Mesa/Boogie 50 Caliber+ (with a TC Electronic Parametric Equalizer/Preamp in the loop) through a Rocktron Juice Extractor into the poweramp of a Marshall Bi-Chorus 200 into a Marshall Lead 800 1960A cabinet. phu... I used all kinds of mics... on the earlier stuff - Shure SM57, on DEI Neumann KM84 and on Chaosphere Neumann TLM193...

Then in the controlroom I alwas add my ADA Stereo Tapped Delay and any kind of Delay...

• Members

Haha :p Just finished doing the fell silent album...well today is the final day for mixing before i send it off for mastering. Bit of a rushed/bodge job but i can start to focus on the tesseract EP again now.

Just have to do some tweaks to part 3 and make an ending for part 5 then we'll be rehearsing it as much as poss before hitting the studio to record the drums! Really looking forward to recording real drums in such a nice studio...just hope it all goes well! Bit stuck on part 3 at the moment but it will get there!

• Members

very cool, cant wait to hear the final product....

Is the Rumor true that Fredrik bought a couple of the Axe-fx?

I heard it from someone who read it on the mesh forum so i guess so....might find out soon! I really wanna try one of those dam it ... need some new toys!

• Members

I heard it from someone who read it on the mesh forum so i guess so....might find out soon! I really wanna try one of those dam it ... need some new toys!

The guy that co-owns Fear and Loathing Studio with Meshuggah (bassist from Clawfinger) ordered and got one and loves it. He said on the Andy Sneap forum that Fredrik tried it and was impressed but went with the VettaII/Cab/Ribbon mic for obZen. Maybe he's tweaked it more and now he's hooked? That was the last I heard!

Archived