Who are you writing songs for?

Jake West

• Members

I write for myself.

Some other people like to listen to them.

Sometimes they ask to hear more.

Sometimes they tell when my songs suck.

It's very rewarding when they they tell me some of my music sucks, but mostly, I like it when they don't say anything... when they just look at me with a sideways glance, and then they just avoid me.

• Members

I pretty much write for myself, too. It's an excuse to play some music, it makes me feel good, and nobody is playing the music I want to hear, so I've gotta do it myself. I stick it on the internets mostly as an effort to find more people into the same kind of music as myself.

• Members

I write for several reasons:

- First of all for the mental reasons. For myself..

It's a great way to express whta I'm going through.

- Second, like alot of people- I hope that someday I'll be able to get to as many people as I can with my writings, and make a change as much as possible.

- If getting back to the second reason, my third reason is that I'm writing for practice. As you probably know, like anything else- practice makes perfect.. I'm writing as much as I can, with a hope that some day I could reach anything.

In all songs, lyrics mean alot to me, and it takes a big part of the song..

• Members

Originally posted by ToxicBass

I write songs just to piss people off...like pontiusplaymate and chickenmonkey:freak:

You don't make me mad. Sad, sometimes... You're also the only person I've seen imbed a soundclick link at the end of the message, instead of in the sig. That's a nice touch.

• Members

I write them for my dog. If he can tolerate a song enough to not leave the room, it's a good song (unpleasant sounds of all kinds bug him, so if he doesn't seem annoyed, it means it's pleasant).

... Oh, and I'm actually serious.

Once it gets past him... {censored} if I know who/what it's for.

• Members

Funny you mention dogs. Several years ago I was working on a reggae beat and my dogs really got into it. When they first heard it, they kind of danced around a bit (in a dog sort of way). But to answer who I write for: posterity

• Members

As many other people have said I write songs about things that are meaningful to me-things that may have happened to me or people I know or things that I think about. Some of those songs may be meaningful to others also but that is not the promaru reason-actually I don't always share my songs with other people. I write because I enjoy it and want to be able to express myself.

Archived