Opinions Needed on CHristian Prog Rock song

ARTnVON

• Members

Very impressive song! Lots of interesting changes and an arrangement that kept me on my (tapping) toes. The chorus hook is powerful and although I couldn't really understand the lyrics (probably my playback system's fault more than anything) I did like the gospel inspired lyric when I read it. Dug the outro!

Lots of good work there!:thu:

• Members

Boom! Nice powerful intro. Startled me. But, later on it lost my attention. I think it's original but maybe just too repetitive. At first it there's a lot of dynamic variation but then it seems to settle into a rut, or groove, and lost my interest.

Listening again:

Is this one of those religious songs or something? ;)

Is that a backward looped bass break I hear. Interesting.

I think its too long for me and I just didn't find anything really interesting about the melody. It's a nice jam.

I guess I think it's well done, just not my thing.

• Members

Thanks Everyone!!!

catdaddy - Thank you so much!! So glad to hear that your toes were a-tappin' :) I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!!

tamoore - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! We played with the arrangement A LOT. Thanks for listening, and for your time. I really do appreciate it!!!

Tullsterx - I'ts "not your thing" but you listened anyway... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! and you gave it TWO listens!! Man, that's so good of you! You have a VERY GOOD EAR!!! We played with that bass loop over and over and over... and you are correct... what an ear!!! And yeah, it's a song based on a bibilcal story of the pool of Bethesda... while I would not call it "religiious" it is Christian. (I'm not not into "religion" but I am into sharing my beliefs in my songs.... Thank you so much again... it may not be your "thing" but you offered Art and I somethings to chew on... length, maybe more dynamics needed.... take away the BORE factors.... I so appreciate you thoughts, and the time you gave to listening and sharing!!! That's just SO AWESOME!!!!!

Again, thanks y'all!!! I really do appreciate it!!!!

-Von :):)

• Members

Von,

If Steely Dan made a Christian tune, this is probably the approach they would take. I really dug the different textures in this song. I'm not crazy about the intro, but that is just personal taste. BTW... if you get the chance, listen to my "His Love's Amazing" at my site. I write Christian music in addition to my country stuff and have a backlog of tunes to record.

Good stuff!

Archived