my wife's taking the bar exam today

bluesway

• Members

The singer/songwriter in one of the bands I play in is basically full-time. I say "basically" because he has two kids, so it's never really going to be full-time. His wife has a good job, though, so he's able to stay at home and work on tunes. Primarily, his only other source of income is our gigs, although he has a good friend in advertising that has helped him land a couple of well paying jingle-writing gigs. Sweet hookup if you can find it.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this, too...one of these years, my wife will be the major moneymaker, and the plan is for me to be Mr. Mom/songwriter/gigger/studio player/music engraver/cook/etc...

• Members

My wife's an attorney, too. At the beginning of last year, I wasn't working because I didn't need to. I now work part-time because we want to unload our new mortgage as quickly as possible. I get about as much done now as I did when I wasn't working, but that may be because I am a deeply lazy person, and I won't get up before 10 unless I have to. Wish her luck, and buckle up--that first year is a doozy.

Archived