Help: Powerful Speech

StevoHuff

• Members

Hey guys,

This is sort of songwriting. My band is currently writing songs. We thought it would be cool to have a song where there is a powerful speaker in the backround while we play a post-rockish/mellow tune

What we'd like to do is have the music get louder and more intense as the speaker gets more and more into his speech.

Any thoughts on a good speech to use?

Maybe having a religious meaning, as our songs tend to reflect on religion.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Steven :thu:

• Members

Wear Suncrean:rolleyes:

anyone remember that one-they played it every hour atleast on the local radio station.

Sorry I don't have any speech for you but this could be a tricky task. My friend's band just did something like this and I think it took away from the actuall song. The used some Hippy freak that kept blabbing on about individuality. Pretty boring and I like the song alot less because of it.

good luck though

• Members

maybe one of hilary clinton's angry robot speeches where she get's louder and more firm without opening her mouth. (don't know what i'm saying? listen to her next speech)

OR:

the howard dean "YEAH!" (that {censored} was soooooooo classic!)

alot, alot, alot of metal bands have used hitler - agnostic front used stalin.

i don' t know, bro. good luck, tho.

• Members

Originally posted by bluesway

maybe one of hilary clinton's angry robot speeches where she get's louder and more firm without opening her mouth. (don't know what i'm saying? listen to her next speech)

OR:

the howard dean "YEAH!" (that {censored} was soooooooo classic!)

To provide a little partisan balance, you could go with George Allen's recent "Macaca" speech. I think Cheney always does his mic check by running through the Gettysburg address, but in an emotionless monotone. That's a little short, thought.

Archived