Jump to content

"Good Enough For Me" - brand new!!


emdub123

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Finally had a chance to record one of my newer songs, I really like this one. I also tried out some advice that folks have given me over the last several months. In addition, I had a chance to borrow a Rode NT-1A from a friend and I think it makes my voice sound a lot better than the Beta 58 that I have been using. Any and all feedback appreciated...

 

Link is in my signature below.

 

Good Enough For Me

Copyright, 2006 Michael Weston

 

I been working on the line every day for a year

Can

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I've listened to this a few times now.

 

I really like the lyrics. I think the melody could be stronger, but the words are really nice, IMO....

 

 

I haven't been able to turn it up, but I'll give it a shot later today when the office clears out a little..

 

Thanks for sharing....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I like the lyrics to this song and the flow of the verses. I'm not sure if there is a hook in this song however. I think it could really benefit from a stand out chorus-or even just adding some back up vocals to highlight certain aspects of the song.

 

The vocals are rather pitchy throughout the song but that is pretty common around here ( I never claimed to be singer myself). But, I think the vocals have to be strong in a song like this because it is lacking a "chorus". also, the vocals may be a tad too loud, you might want to bring those down in the mix.

 

good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Geno_xl

The vocals are rather pitchy throughout the song but that is pretty common around here ( I never claimed to be singer myself).

 

 

When I first burned the song to cd, my wife said the same thing. She thinks my vocals are pitchy, but for some reason, I can't hear the pitchiness yet.

 

It takes me a good week or two to really be able to take a fresh listen to what I've done and hear pitch issues, etc. I thought my vocals were really good, but after the "new-song-honeymoon" wears off, I'm sure I'll hear exactly what your talking about and re-record it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by tamoore

I really like the lyrics. I think the melody could be stronger, but the words are really nice, IMO....

 

 

Thanks, glad you like the lyrics. Geno made a similar comment regarding the melody and lack of a chorus. When the song first came to me, I looked for a chorus, but never found anything that I liked, so in the interest of progress I went with what I had.

 

I've got another song with the same issue, choruses are an area I need to work on for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by emdub123



Thanks, glad you like the lyrics. Geno made a similar comment regarding the melody and lack of a chorus. When the song first came to me, I looked for a chorus, but never found anything that I liked, so in the interest of progress I went with what I had.


I've got another song with the same issue, choruses are an area I need to work on for sure.

 

 

I can do a chorus OK....

But, I really need to work on my verses........

 

 

 

:idea: :idea: :idea:

 

 

We should COLLABORATE!!!!

 

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by emdub123



When I first burned the song to cd, my wife said the same thing. She thinks my vocals are pitchy, but for some reason, I can't hear the pitchiness yet.


It takes me a good week or two to really be able to take a fresh listen to what I've done and hear pitch issues, etc. I thought my vocals were really good, but after the "new-song-honeymoon" wears off, I'm sure I'll hear exactly what your talking about and re-recrd it.

 

 

 

Don't worry about it too much, I'm definitely not one to be giving out advice about vocal quality (seriously, have you heard my voice:D ).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Geno_xl




Don't worry about it too much, I'm definitely not one to be giving out advice about vocal quality (seriously, have you heard my voice:D ).

 

 

I hear you, Geno! I can hear pitch issues in other people's songs, but have trouble hearing them in mine. Perhaps this is why the world needs producers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Geno_xl

I like the lyrics to this song and the flow of the verses. I'm not sure if there is a hook in this song however. I think it could really benefit from a stand out chorus-or even just adding some back up vocals to highlight certain aspects of the song.


The vocals are rather pitchy throughout the song but that is pretty common around here ( I never claimed to be singer myself). But, I think the vocals have to be strong in a song like this because it is lacking a "chorus". also, the vocals may be a tad too loud, you might want to bring those down in the mix.


good luck.

 

 

+1

 

Not too much to add on the song beyond what Geno_xl has posted. A good song, but a better chorus would help. I was getting a little tired of the line "It's all I need" by the end of the song.

 

Are you using the NT-1A on the guitar as well ? It sounds nice. I have an NT-1A myself but I have really only used it for vocals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...