melodic glitchy song

eturnol

• Members

First, I wasn't crazy about the host you used to store this file.. popups, etc.

Also, you might consider encoding at somewhat less than 320kbps. The extra resolution is nice, but not needed for evaluating songs here in the forum.. (I'm normally on a slow connection, and I wouldn't have normally downloaded the 10meg file.)

About the song... I'm not hip to/crazy about this type of music, but everything sounded OK for what it is.

What kind of software/recorder did you use to create this? Sounds like something that could/would be done in Reason?

• Members

thanks for the replies...

i created the song in ableton live using a nord lead 2, an A6, and a tr 909

i actually have done a second master, because i noticed a few problems with master a. if you want to listen to that let me know and i'll post it on soundclick or something instead of yousendit

ben

• Members

You will get more responses if you post on soundclick (and it's free).

Like the glitchy drums. Dig the downtempo groove. This forum is pretty heavily skewed towards pop ABABCB/ABACAB songs, but I think the groove works without a formal pop structure.

I like Zero-7 and Theivery Corporation, but both of these groups seem to have slightly more song elements (bass, vocals, guitars, samples) than you are working with here. A more evident bass might add something.

• Members

ok here is the song on soundclick...

i still get this wierd annoying pop at 2:52 seconds, and can't get rid of it. it's not distortion or clipping because my meters are fine in ableton live when my mastering software is turned off, and when i turn it on it still says its fine. i never hear it until i render it. wierd...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=615744

ben

Archived