Soundclick page...

tamoore

• Members

I started a soundclick account, and I put the songs from my completed album on there....

http://www.soundclick.com/G33K

There are a few songs there that I didn't post here, plus you can check out to see if you agree with my album order.....

I would tell you that they've all been totally remixed and mastered, but I'm pretty sure you'd never be able to tell with the cruddy Soundclick compression ;)

Also, I just started a myspace account...

I'd be honored to be your friends.... :love: :love: :love:

http://www.myspace.com/g33kfr34k

Thanks guys! :)

• Members

Hey Tamoore thanks for posting on Soundclick. Been having some computer problems lately and just now got a chance to listen to some of your music for the first time. I really like your songwriting. My first impression was that you've got a great sense for creating interesting melodies. Nice structure and feel to the bridges that you write as well. As I listened to your songs I kept thinking that there was something about them that reminded me of XTC, a band that I really admire. Not sure exactly why (maybe the intriguing melodies?) but there is something there...

Some quick takes:

"Every Time" is a great tune! Loved the changes and the harmonies. I'm not usually partial to heavily distorted guitar but I liked them in this song. Your lead vocal was especially strong here.

"Cut" has all of the good elements of your writing style that I mentioned above but I found myself disliking the sound of every instrument in the mix. From the piezo quack of the acoustic (I am admittedly an acoustic tone fanatic) to the organ/keyboard and distorted lead toward the end of the tune. Sorry.

"Does He Have A Sister" Don't think that's a country tune but it is a great pop song! Terrific concept for the lyric!! As I listened I just kept thinking "wish I'd thought of that"!

"Please Come Again" Nicely written and executed do-whop! Great job on the harmonies!!! Blend and arrangement to perfection!!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by catdaddy

Hey Tamoore thanks for posting on Soundclick. Been having some computer problems lately and just now got a chance to listen to some of your music for the first time. I really like your songwriting. My first impression was that you've got a great sense for creating interesting melodies. Nice structure and feel to the bridges that you write as well. As I listened to your songs I kept thinking that there was something about them that reminded me of XTC, a band that I really admire. Not sure exactly why (maybe the intriguing melodies?) but there is something there...

Some quick takes:

"Every Time" is a great tune! Loved the changes and the harmonies. I'm not usually partial to heavily distorted guitar but I liked them in this song. Your lead vocal was especially strong here.

"Cut" has all of the good elements of your writing style that I mentioned above but I found myself disliking the sound of every instrument in the mix. From the piezo quack of the acoustic (I am admittedly an acoustic tone fanatic) to the organ/keyboard and distorted lead toward the end of the tune. Sorry.

"Does He Have A Sister" Don't think that's a country tune but it is a great pop song! Terrific concept for the lyric!! As I listened I just kept thinking "wish I'd thought of that"!

"Please Come Again" Nicely written and executed do-whop! Great job on the harmonies!!! Blend and arrangement to perfection!!

:thu:

Thanks for the listen, catdaddy! I'm glad you finally got a chance to check them out.

Every Time has been a favorite of people who listen to the CD.. The verse is weak, but the chorus I think is catchy, and the break in the chorus at 'anyone with the act you're playing' seems to hook pretty good. It's not my favorite by a long shot, but I'm proud of some aspects of it.

Cut is... Well... It's really personal for me. I was thinking about leaving it off the CD, because, like you, I didn't like anything about the recording itself.... I did it a year and a half ago on a real poor stand alone 8 track, as essentially my first recording. I didn't know what I was doing at all....

I thought about re-recording it for this CD. But was convinced by a friend to leave it on just as it is... He felt that is was raw, and that all the tortured sounds made the song live a little more in it's intended mood, in contrast to the better production of the rest of the record. The fret buzz is distracting, but I had another guy on another songwriting forum (on Yahoo, I think) tell me that he thought the buzzing worked for the urgency of the song... I guess in the long-run, I have an emotional attachment to that version of the song, and that's about all I can say about it. It sucks, but in the long run, I'd have it no other way, I guess. I dunno. Wierd.

I'm really not traditional about 'sounds' either... I'm really polar opposites to most musicians... A guitar, to me, sounds like a guitar. I can tell the difference between the tone of a 6k dollar tube amp and a Peavey XXX, of course, but I'm not about to spend that kind of time or money into making my guitar sound like a guitar, only a little better. Yea, I know. I'm a freak ;)

When it came to recording acoustics for this album, I plugged in direct. I could have mic'd the thing, but I didn't really want to have to balance engineering with recording, so I went with easy engineering and sacrificed sound.

Anyway, sorry about the ramble-on ;)

To me, 'Does He Have A Sister' is Country-pop in every way, but I might be missing something that you're hearing in the song. Thanks for the compliment on it, I'm sure it's the best song I've written to date, regardless of the genre.

Please Come Again is totally for my Dad. He got such a charge out of it, that it made the hours of working on it totally worth the while.. I'll always remember him pumping his hands in the air when I played it for him, with a wide grin on his face...

It's the things memories are made of...

I'll check out XTC.. I don't think you're the first person to make that comparison, but I honestly can't think of a single song they've ever done, or even if I've heard one.

Thanks again!

• Members

Originally posted by Chicken Monkey

I was a little disappointed that you didn't have my two favorite of your songs (the last two Cat Daddy mentioned) on your myspace.

Where's Grayling, anyway? Is that in the UP?

I guess I'm 'trying' to be more of a pop-rock/power-pop kind of guy, CM.. That's why I picked the songs I did for myspace.... I will most likely change them up after a while...

Grayling is in the LP......

Take your right hand and look at the palm.....

Look between the middle finger and the ring finger at the second knuckle.

That's Grayling. ;)

You've always got a map on you when you live in Michigan.... :thu:

Archived