Write What you feel

joerockhed

• Members

Originally posted by joerockhed

Write what you feel, not what you think people want to hear. Anyone who writes songs such as myself knows that good songwriting comes from the heart, not what you think is hip or cool. Just write from the heart no matter what it may be.

Been doing that since I was 8. :confused:

-J.P. LUX

• Members

Originally posted by joerockhed

Write what you feel, not what you think people want to hear. Anyone who writes songs such as myself knows that good songwriting comes from the heart, not what you think is hip or cool. Just write from the heart no matter what it may be.

Yeah this has been a problem of mine actually. Not because I haven't heard these words or realized it before.

I just find its hard to separate what I want to hear from what I think people in general want to hear. Sometimes I'll say "maybe I should write a love song today" but I am not sure if that's sincere to just pick a topic like that.

Can writing from the heart be instigated by creative challenges (like: write a song today about X Y Z) or is it always pure emotion bubbling up from the surface?

• Members

Originally posted by mount trashmore

...songs should come from the cock. artifice=cock.

Wrong head.:cool:

Everyone has emotions. Everyone has libido (non gender-specific term for "cock"). In aggregate, these provide inspiration -- essential but common and only 1 of 4 things necessary for a good song.

The other 3 are what separate songwriters from everyone. Any deficiency in one of these areas will require an excess of one or both of the other two -- you can make up for lack of skill with raw talent and hard work -- but at least some of all three is necessary. The more, obviously, the better.

skill = chops/experience in a given medium (language/musical for songwriting)

talent = ability to marry inspiration and skill in a way that speaks to others

work = real-world application of talent

Simplified algorithm:

inspiration = emotion + libido

artifice = work(skill(talent(inspiration)))

This is a first draft -- code review invited.

• Members

Originally posted by Crackpot

Wrong head.
:cool:

Everyone has emotions. Everyone has libido (non gender-specific term for "cock"). In aggregate, these provide inspiration -- essential but common and only 1 of 4 things necessary for a good song.

The other 3 are what separate songwriters from everyone. Any deficiency in one of these areas will require an excess of one or both of the other two -- you can make up for lack of skill with raw talent and hard work -- but at least some of all three is necessary. The more, obviously, the better.

skill = chops/experience in a given medium (language/musical for songwriting)

talent = ability to marry inspiration and skill in a way that speaks to others

work = real-world application of talent

Simplified algorithm:

inspiration = emotion + libido

artifice = work(skill(talent(inspiration)))

This is a first draft -- code review invited.

Personally, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I do know that you are wrong to reduce cock to libido+any feminist worth her clit would nail your ass to the wall for asserting your antiquated notion of non-gendered libido. It's all about sexual difference baby!

• Members

Originally posted by mount trashmore

Personally, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I do know that you are wrong to reduce cock to libido+any feminist worth her clit would nail your ass to the wall for asserting your antiquated notion of non-gendered libido. It's all about sexual difference baby!

jack-daniels.jpg

Archived