New Song "Give and Take"

AntonyR

• Members

I have just joined the forum. I have been writing songs for about 25 years and here is my latest song called "Give and Take". This was recorded in my home studio. I would like to hear any comments, positive or negative about the song (just please be constructive :) )

http://www.artistlaunch.com/artists/songs/m3u/Antony_Richards_-_Give_and_Take.mp3.m3u

Thanks

Antony

• Members

Hello Antony.....

I can't listen today, as I am on dialup, and that looks like a streaming format.....

But, I'll try to get to it on Monday.....

However, since you're new here, I'll just let you know that one way to get people to listen and review your song is to jump right in and listen to and review theirs.

With 25 years experience in songwriting, I'm sure your opinions will be appreciated here!

For more information, see the sticky thread at the top of this forum that is titled "Want more opinions on your posts", or something like that.....

Welcome to HC! :thu:

• Members

I'm a huge of fan of moody music so I'm not suprised I enjoyed this. Kudos on creating an genuinely interesting harmony/melody combo.

A couple of minor criticisms:

(1) More bass would have been nice. As is, its kinda just there.

(2) The vocals didn't really sell me on the lyrics. The verse were alright but there wasn't much dynamic shift going into the chorus.

(3) In line with (2), things seemed to meander after solo.

Good stuff man!

• Members

Your voice doesn't sound that distinctive, but it does sound confident and strong, I like the singing here. The guitar is very moody and the tone is fantastic.

One part I like a lot is the chorus - it's very catchy.

Your experience as a songwriter is pretty clear listening to this. Very nice song, just the right length, well paced, and it stays interesting all the way through.

:thu:

• Members

TheBCProjects - thanks for taking the time to listen and thanks for the comments - much appreciated. Your minor critisms are noted. ;)

Tommo - again, thanks for taking the time to listen and thanks for your feedback. It has taken quite a lot of trial and error to get the guitar sounding as it does. As acoustic guitar is my primary instrument all of my songs feature this as the main rythm so I had to get it right....and it sounds like it is there.

I'll take the time to listen to others tracks over the next week or so and provide my comments.

Archived