Michael Angelo Batio...

thinkpad20

• Members

...is actually getting some pretty damn good tone here, at least to my ears. Is this the H&K or the Marshall?

1hArxs-US04

Of course it's still pretty much straight up neoclassical shred wankery, but it has some interesting stuff.

• Members

Yeah I figured it's the H&K, it doesn't look like the Marshall is turned on. Very good tone; very responsive to his playing dynamics. Also some great sustain (check out around 2:00 for a great example of both).

Is that the Triamp?

• Members

Kewl. Pretty sweet guitfiddle he's got there too...

I just randomly clicked on this vid searching for Michael Angelo Batio, and I was like, "wow, that's some pretty damn good tone!" Quite surprised...

I bought a Dean Hardtail about a year ago and was surprised how comfortable the neck was for fast playing.

For what it's worth, I think MAB's tone was straight Digitech floorboards initially (the RP series from the 80's). That might explain his awesome (sarcasm intended) sound on the Nitro albums.

• Members

Of course it's still pretty much straight up neoclassical shred wankery, but it has some interesting stuff.

:love: tahts my baybee :love:

Heh I was gonna buy a dean lookin very similar to that aswell. Sounds like a good match O_o

Wanna know what cab he's using *squints*

• Members

what dean is that?

Looks like a USA Hardtail in Burnt Denim.

I previously dismissed Deans as cheap'o POSs (I don't even know why It's not like I know a lot about them) but when I tried one out in my local store a few weeks ago when I was demo'ing my latest purchases, the playability was awsome (FOR ME) and the looks are growing on me.

• Members

I definitely dig SOME of his stuff...he's got a great ear for melody - when he doesn't just shred his ass off, it actually sounds really cool.

AND he's a MONSTER player.

Definitely a guy that I respect, despite his serious tonal/wankering missteps in the 80s.

Oh yeah...his over/under thing is the stupidest thing I've ever seen/heard.

Archived