Hey Bluesway...

ToxicBass

• Members

Not long ago you commented that you're seeing more interest in your less developed songs, rather than your full-blown productions. I think Aaron disagreed with you.

Here's a good example from Taxi's current industry listings.

Note that they are specifically preferring simple arrangements.

NEW LISTING -- Unique and stylish MALE SINGER-SONGWRITER/AAA SONGS [no instrumentals] a la John Mayer, Pete Yorn, Jack Johnson, Badly Drawn Boy, Ray LaMontagne, etc. are still wanted by a West Coast Music Library/Publisher that has had recent placements on HBO, Disney TV + numerous Network and cable TV shows. Simple guitar/vocal or piano/vocal arrangements are preferred, but a full band sound is OK too. They offer a 3-5 year exclusive deal with a reversion clause. The company's owner will screen your submissions. No need to submit if forwarded for Y061011AA. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 7, 2007.

• Members

Originally posted by ToxicBass

Not long ago you commented that you're seeing more interest in your less developed songs, rather than your full-blown productions. I think Aaron disagreed with you.

Here's a good example from Taxi's current industry listings.

Note that they are specifically preferring simple arrangements.

NEW LISTING -- Unique and stylish MALE SINGER-SONGWRITER/AAA SONGS [no instrumentals] a la John Mayer, Pete Yorn, Jack Johnson, Badly Drawn Boy, Ray LaMontagne, etc. are still wanted by a West Coast Music Library/Publisher that has had recent placements on HBO, Disney TV + numerous Network and cable TV shows. Simple guitar/vocal or piano/vocal arrangements are preferred, but a full band sound is OK too. They offer a 3-5 year exclusive deal with a reversion clause. The company's owner will screen your submissions. No need to submit if forwarded for Y061011AA. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 7, 2007.

yeah, man. i was thinking of that listing when i wrote the response. you bet your ass i'm going to submit more than one tune to it! (yeah..i'm in taxi, too)

Archived