Please listen to my new tune!

Telewanger

• Members

I'm just a Guitar Hacker. I had one lesson, with a human being, when I was around 8 years old. She was around 70 years old, but she was the only teacher in town. I lived way out in the country. Everything that I know is by trial and error. I can't read music at all, and I'm not the least bit interested in it anymore! I can play anything that I want to play, nowadays!

Here is my Music Theory 101:

If you hit a note that sounds bad, all that you have to do next time is hit the note right before it, or the note right after it, and you will be in key. Guitar Theory guys hate to hear this stuff, but it is a fact. They fight with me all of the time on the internet and tell me that I'm nuts. Give it a try. It works like a charm!

In today's culture everyone thinks that they have to take lessons for everything. ( Golf, Dancing, Guitar, Piano, Singing, Art, etc. ) The best lesson for anything is trial and error, but most people are to lazy or have a very low attention span. They want to "DO IT NOW!" They don't want to sit around exploring the guitar, checking out what this and that note does, when you pick it or bend it.

If you are driving down the road and you hit a pot hole, next time go around the pot hole and you will have a smooth ride. After a while you will know where all of the pot holes are, and you will always have a smooth ride. This is the same with the guitar neck. It is full of bad pot holes, depending on what key you are in at the time. Avoid hitting them! You will learn where the pot holes are in each and every key. It just takes a while!

Please check out the tunes below!

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/tele.mp3

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/silverwheels.mp3

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/silhouette.mp3

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/moodswing.mp3

I am a NC Commercial Plumber / Song Writer / Guitar Picker. I operate a recording studio in my home for extra cash!

• Members

Originally posted by Telewanger

I'm just a Guitar Hacker. I had one lesson, with a human being, when I was around 8 years old. She was around 70 years old, but she was the only teacher in town. I lived way out in the country. Everything that I know is by trial and error. I can't read music at all, and I'm not the least bit interested in it anymore! I can play anything that I want to play, nowadays!

Here is my Music Theory 101:

If you hit a note that sounds bad, all that you have to do next time is hit the note right before it, or the note right after it, and you will be in key. Guitar Theory guys hate to hear this stuff, but it is a fact. They fight with me all of the time on the internet and tell me that I'm nuts. Give it a try. It works like a charm!

In today's culture everyone thinks that they have to take lessons for everything. ( Golf, Dancing, Guitar, Piano, Singing, Art, etc. ) The best lesson for anything is trial and error, but most people are to lazy or have a very low attention span. They want to "DO IT NOW!" They don't want to sit around exploring the guitar, checking out what this and that note does, when you pick it or bend it.

If you are driving down the road and you hit a pot hole, next time go around the pot hole and you will have a smooth ride. After a while you will know where all of the pot holes are, and you will always have a smooth ride. This is the same with the guitar neck. It is full of bad pot holes, depending on what key you are in at the time. Avoid hitting them! You will learn where the pot holes are in each and every key. It just takes a while!

Please check out the tunes below!

I am a NC Commercial Plumber / Song Writer / Guitar Picker. I operate a recording studio in my home for extra cash!

All i can say is wow. Thats some great guitar playing. rat

• Members

Recording Drums:

You don't hear any complex drum fills on any of my songs. My fingers can't do all that at one time, but with overdubs I can paste stuff together really good nowadays. There are many overdubs on the drums. I can get 50 different drum sets on the Alesis SR-16.

I plug the SR-16 into a stereo track and get a basic drumbeat. This one was called Country/Rock 7. I then play the music creating all of the stops and starts until I have a 3 to 4 minute song. I then chop out the drums at the stops, starts, and turnarounds. I then plug the drum machine into another stereo track and do some of the fills. I do a lot of plain "machine gun" snare drum fills, because I can't get my fingers going on the tiny little drum pads fast enough without screwing up. I then plug it into another set of stereo tracks to add cymbal crashes and rides. I can then select another program such as Drum set 16 to get different cymbal sounds, and on and on. When I am done I might have 14 drum tracks, and have used several drum sets to get different snare, tom, and cymbal sounds. I have been playing this same drum machine since 1993. Most of the time I don't like to spend much time on drums. I just record a simple beat with a few turnarounds and stops.

Next, I get all of the volumes and gains the same and mix them down on 2 tracks. It may take all day for me to do the drums on a 3 or 4 minute song. It is a lot of work. If I work hard, I can do an entire song in one week.

• Members

Hey the links aren't working for me =/

However I super respect your ideas about music theory. All of my friends are going to college majoring in music and they're all like yeah you have no idea how much it helps you. I'm like okay what are you going to do when you graduate, go be a guitar teacher?

Archived