tutorials for songwriters

chrisnickey64

• Members

I find that if I record EVERYTHING (either literally record it or save it using pen and paper), I have lots of tiny chunks of songs. Some of them are really good, some not so much, some really crappy. I even have parts that end up going together into single songs. That's what I do, personally. Hope that helps somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

ritalin?

it works well but i can't convince my MD to prescribe it to me :(( but.... my quasi medical experments have proven that it's possible to crank(no pun intended) out 4 or 5 decent tunes with the help of a certain little tablet . now if i could only fall asleep !!!!

• Members

it works well but i can't convince my MD to prescribe it to me
:(
( but.... my quasi medical experments have proven that it's possible to crank(no pun intended) out 4 or 5 decent tunes with the help of a certain little tablet . now if i could only fall asleep !!!!

promise him/her a 30% cut of the resulting songwriting royalties.

• Members

I guess I just look at writing songs as having something to say, not just tossing snippets of ideas together until by accident they happen to make some sort of sense. That's not to say I don't have songs like that; I do. But they just never seem to work. The best advice I ever got was from a writing instructor years ago who said "Look, if you don't have anything to say, stop trying to say it."

Archived