question about Gojira's tone

rockitsauce

• Members

I love the recorded tone (mars to sirius) and I was wondering if anyone has sought this out and what they used to find it, amp and cab wise. One thing I was curious of is I think it sounds good recorded but what about live? In the same room with those mids, does it still sound great or is it unappealing? Its just that some times when I like a recorded tone and I try to dial in close to that, I realize that in the same room it doesnt sound all that good like I thought it would, same goes with some bands that I saw live and didnt sound good in concert (although I know there are many factors that could cause that). Or do you just not like that tone at all?

• Members

I saw them years ago before they were well known. They were playing dual rectos in recto cabs and had amazing tone. They played super tight and agressive with great right hand technique. I think it would sound great with any decent amp. I much prefer their old album "The Link" to the newest one BTW. :thu:

• Members

I saw them a few months ago at the Fillmore here in NYC. I believe they were using rectos or another mesa and their sound was awesome, their music was uncompromising as well as inspiring ,much better than Behemoth, who was headlining!:)

Archived