So I entered a music video contest..

Comic_God

• Members

Great production on the video - great arrangement on the tune, great mix.

Love the breakdown around 1:32 or so with the military style drum cadence.

There is nothing not to like about this - you guys have really got it together.

You deserve a record deal - hope you make it - I'd buy your album.

• Members

Great production on the video - great arrangement on the tune, great mix.

Love the breakdown around 1:32 or so with the military style drum cadence

There is nothing not to like about this - you guys have really got it together.

You deserve a record deal - hope you make it - I'd buy your album.

+1

Voted. Good luck. I hope you post this in higher traffic forums.

• Members

I hope you have permission to use all the footage and stills. You never know how far this video/song will go and those who have the rights can have your video pulled for any reason they see fit. I don't know why they would but it's possible.

I thought the video production was competent but nothing spectacular, a far cry from your stellar audio production IMO.

Good luck with it.

• Members

I thought the video production was competent but nothing spectacular, a far cry from your stellar audio production.

Do you work in video production (professionally)? Because this was basically the response of the audio production pros in the recording forums when Comic_God posted this clip in the "Is your mix any good?" thread.

• Members

I work in 3D graphics and have worked with video production in school. I think the audio production is nothing short of stunning. The video is fine - I'm not putting it down, but it didn't 'wow' me. Just my opinion.

• Members

I hear ya,

Its mostly pictures and some war footage and the rest was filmed with a home video camera. None of the footage was shot with the intention of making a video, it just kinda happened one day after we got done recording the music.

Thanks for all the input!

Ryan

• Members

I was a bit put off by the political thrust of your song/video...I know, I know, what kind of heartless charlatan is going to take issue with us soldiers holding hands with children. I won't get into it, as I'm on the hc forum troll watch...though I think the discussion is legit. Also, it's damn hard for me not to use the dixie chicks red herring that appears so frequently in threads dealing w/ songs w/ liberal pov.

Anyhow...we'll skip all this stuff, and I'll just congratulate you on a very well put together, and effective vid. It really is top notch for a group of non-professionals (not that it doesn't look professional...it really does. just saying it's all the more impressive because it wasn't done by pros). I wish you lots of luck. Don't know squat about the contest, but unless it's being run by hippies, you should stand a good chance of being towards the top of the heap.

• Members

I was a bit put off by the political thrust of your song/video...I know, I know, what kind of heartless charlatan is going to take issue with us soldiers holding hands with children.

Understandable ;)

Let me clarify a few things :)

Honestly it wasn't intended to take any sides. Its simply a video to try and boost the moral of our Men/Women in the service.

News stations rarely report anything the soldiers over there accomplish so we thought we would try to acknowledge some of it especially when these people are being shot at everyday and risking their lives minute to minute.

Its not a pro or anti war song, its simply a pro-soldier song.

Nothing more, nothing less

:thu:

Ryan

• Members

Understandable
;)

Let me clarify a few things
:)

Honestly it wasn't intended to take any sides. Its simply a video to try and boost the moral of our Men/Women in the service.

News stations rarely report anything the soldiers over there accomplish so we thought we would try to acknowledge some of it especially when these people are being shot at everyday and risking their lives minute to minute.

Its not a pro or anti war song, its simply a pro-soldier song.

Nothing more, nothing less

:thu:

Ryan

By all rights this thread should be multiple pages long praising your work,,,Your work is the best to be posted here since i have been comming to this board,, you have met your goal of your song and video .... but so many here are very anti war. so like the mission... you wont see much in the way of support other than as victims of an administration they hate. I would try to find a POWMIA or American biker forum and post your video. That group will see your work for what it is. Very good with a clear message. LIke the media, 70 plus percent on here will remain silent, rather than see your video in the spirit for which its intended. I thought hard about making this post due to the fact that ,,,, your work is so good and meaningful ,,, that it should not have politics injected into the thread. But i guess the ice was broken on that prior to this post. Again. well done, and outstanding musicianship.... and a good job of supporting those who are in our mlitary. thank you . tim aka rat

• Members

Support for the men / women of the arm services should never be a problem with Americans. They are what keeps this nation great. I have no problem with people saying they don't support the war, just don't diss our men and women in harms way.

Sorry for the small rant.

Again great song and video.......

• Members

By all rights this thread should be multiple pages long praising your work,,,Your work is the best to be posted here since i have been comming to this board,, you have met your goal of your song and video .... but so many here are very anti war. so like the mission... you wont see much in the way of support other than as victims of an administration they hate. I would try to find a POWMIA or American biker forum and post your video. That group will see your work for what it is. Very good with a clear message. LIke the media, 70 plus percent on here will remain silent, rather than see your video in the spirit for which its intended. I thought hard about making this post due to the fact that ,,,, your work is so good and meaningful ,,, that it should not have politics injected into the thread. But i guess the ice was broken on that prior to this post. Again. well done, and outstanding musicianship.... and a good job of supporting those who are in our mlitary. thank you . tim aka rat

what the hell are you talking about? I think everyone here has appreciated the piece regardless of their political orientation. I brought it up, so it would be off my chest and I wouldn't feel weird talking about what I liked.

• Members

what the hell are you talking about? I think everyone here has appreciated the piece regardless of their political orientation. I brought it up, so it would be off my chest and I wouldn't feel weird talking about what I liked.

I am talking about that this is some great work ,, and it Still is at the one page status as i post this. It makes my point. I just pushed it to the two page point...... rat

• Members

I am talking about that this is some great work ,, and it
Still
is at the one page status as i post this. It makes my point. I just pushed it to the two page point...... rat

:blah:

I'll push the thread back to the top. I agree it's a great video. I just think your little rant was misplaced. Of the 35 non-sticked threads on the front page, only six have more than one page (one of which is a couple months old). This thread is not being ignored for political reasons...it's not being ignored at all. Unless ignoring the forum can be counted as ignoring the thread. People here clearly appreciate the work. This forum is just slow as hell. So, I guess that's my needless flame in response to your needless flame.

I love you man. Srsly. :wave:

• Members

:blah:

I'll push the thread back to the top. I agree it's a great video. I just think your little rant was misplaced. Of the 35 non-sticked threads on the front page, only six have more than one page (one of which is a couple months old). This thread is not being ignored for political reasons...it's not being ignored at all. Unless ignoring the forum can be counted as ignoring the thread. People here clearly appreciate the work. This forum is just slow as hell. So, I guess that's my needless flame in response to your needless flame.

I love you man. Srsly.
:wave:

Whatever ,,, this vid is one of the best things i have seen on here since i have been stopping in. I dont write songs ,, but i do appreciate the guys that do ,, and especially when i see some really fine work. Punt this baby back up top ,,, i think its somthing all of our members should see. I am pretty much a cover guy ... so when i like original work ,,, it has a pretty good songs that it has to compete with. As for the other ,, we will just agree to disagree and leave it at that .... is that warm and fuzzy enough for you. This vid is too good to have a flame fest over. rat

• Members

Hey guys!

Thanks for the support and all the comments!

I would like to announce that this video has opened some doors for us in the last couple days...

1. On 7-7-07 EVERY State Capital is hosting a tribute/rally for the troops... 50 cities all at the same time will have independant tributes going at the same time and we were asked to represent washington state and perform at the capital building... O.o

Hoobastank is playing the NY gig, NickleBack is playing another state, and I haven't researched who is doing all the other states but anyways, thanks to anyone that has voted and helped us get this video out there! It paid off for us in a big way even if we don't win the contest!

Ryan

Archived