Ok, in following Bluesway's advice, I'm posting this here...

beavis1957

• Members

I had mistakenly posted this in the "Backstage with the Band" forum:

We made this album about 4 years ago when we were in college but never really did anything with it. School, careers, family, etc. kinda put a stop to our momentum.

I've uploaded 5 random songs from the album. I don't really have a preference as to what song to get feedback on. Our sound can be quite different from one song the next.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=681713

I appreciate any and all comments.

• Members

Lady Tongue--

The vocals kicked in just as I was getting really sick of the intro. I like the arrangement, with the arpeggio guitar and the synth pad, but the singer sounds like he's phoning in an Eddie Vedder/Layne Staley impersonation. The effect on his voice really dampens the sound.

There isn't a strong hook--some good atmosphere, but I'm not walking away from this with anything in my head.

• Members

Lady Tongue--

The vocals kicked in just as I was getting really sick of the intro. I like the arrangement, with the arpeggio guitar and the synth pad, but the singer sounds like he's phoning in an Eddie Vedder/Layne Staley impersonation. The effect on his voice really dampens the sound.

There isn't a strong hook--some good atmosphere, but I'm not walking away from this with anything in my head.

I appreciate the feedback.

That song is definitely not our most radio friendly. The vocals are most definitely the weak part in these songs......unfortunately I'm not a singer, or I'd try to do better. I'm just a lowly guitarist.

Either way, I appreciate the criticism.

----Edited to add:

The "synth pad" is nothing more than volume swells on a Les Paul through a Dano echo and a Marshall.

I thought it came out pretty neat to just be volume swells.

Archived