The Trap - New Mix

Todzilla

• Members

I never heard the original version of this song, but I must say, weirdest solo ever. Never conventional with you :p

The mix sounds pretty good, though I'd bring up the background distortion guitar a little, everything else is good. The section after the solo is a neat outro, the guitar work at the end is awesome, and I'd like to hear a little more of that before the song fades out. Lose the whatever it is that's screaming at me at the end, it's too distracting. Those are my opinions. If I didn't mention something, it's because it's perfect.

Overall, interesting tune. You always have interesting tunes :D

• Members

I liked the first version and I like this one. From what I can tell you've shortened the ending and put more detail into it. I'm in the 'love that solo' camp - totally hilarious and it's a nice way of sneaking somewhat atonal passages into an otherwise simple pop song.

• Members

It's not the kind of music (genre?) I'd normally put on, but I quite like it. Great production sound, love the vocals, the mellotron sounding thing and the solo is fabulous. I always remember quotes from music magazines I've read in the past (bear with me) and here are todays two: the first is relevant, the second is not.

Talking about Virginia Plain by Roxy Music, the guitar solo was described as 'a cow being spanked with a load of effects pedals'. Go and listen, it's true, and your solo is similarly weird and reminiscent of animal abuse. In a good way. (is that possible? in the name of music I suppose...)

The second was someone saying 'Don't Pass Me By threatens to torpedo the White Album with it's lifelessness' Poor Ringo. Kind of true though.

Archived