Sign in to follow this  
bm1977

Where do DJ's get the music.

I am interested in finding out where can I get a lot of music of everything.

English, Latin, what's currently playing, etc. I am interested in CD's or mp3's

Where do Pro DJ's get their stuff?

Thanks for the help.

If you do a lot of private parties with mixed audiences, ie children and need radio edited, promoonly.com. Cost u a yearly service but u get new music every month in the genre u choose.

I think old record shops are the best place to find things. It usually takes a while before you can dig out something good, but I’ve found some real gems this way. Try to find a good record store, preferably one that is “off the beaten track”, which may stock some more interesting things. Don’t be afraid to try different music styles as well.

I've found some interesting records in thrift stores before. Obviously the selection will be limited but you never know what you'll find plus it'll be cheap!

You most likely want to get into an old record shop and start snooping around to see what you can mix up and make your own. Classic way of finding music is finding an old song (VERY OLD) and mix it up with a sick beat.

Depends on type of music your going to play as well. Beatport has been amazing. If I need something fast and I can't get a new release I use a p2p called soul seek.

If you do a lot of private parties with mixed audiences, ie children and need radio edited, promoonly.com. Cost u a yearly service but u get new music every month in the genre u choose.

Probably the best way to get your new music.

I love using vinyl but have to admit the idea of just downloading (legally) your music is appealing.

Where's the fun in that? Half the fun is the hunt.

Soundcloud. Why?

Free music (if the artist allows downloads) and if it's good, your set will be awesome. You also get to help promote other artists so it's a win-win situation