Great if you could have a listen and hit me again. Thank!

mekke

• Members

Hi all. I abuse of your patience and goodwill once again with this tune.... once again in my mother tongue Italian

I use garageband, so my plug ins and mixing possibilities are somewhat limited, but sure you will get the idea

I feel I miss a bridge, but I have already paid the drum part; ...so - to try and overcome the problem without loosing the drums - I have added a few layers towards the end, to forget about that bloody bridge that should have been there a long time ago.

I know I cannot ask opinions about the words...Damn it!

But do you think it can stand? I would appreciate your feedback on this one. Sonically yours, matteo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=696456

• Members

Sounds pretty well rounded. I think most all the pieces seem to be in place. The vocal trade offs (call and response) liven up the last minute. It has an agreeably familiar big rock sound but the vocals give it a little nice street feel. I could imagine hearing it on a transistor radio on the beach along the riviera... ;)

• Members

Sounds pretty well rounded. I think most all the pieces seem to be in place. The vocal trade offs (call and response) liven up the last minute. It has an agreeably familiar big rock sound but the vocals give it a little nice street feel. I could imagine hearing it on a transistor radio on the beach along the riviera...
;)

the transistor radio on the riviera...I miss that one big time! Thaks for the feedback blue

• Members

If it were sung in english I might say that it's nice but a little mainstream for me. The fact that you sing in italian makes it exotic to me. The language changes the rhythm of the words slightly - enough to elevate my interest. So anyways, the italian works in your favor in my book.

• Members

Typing as I listen the second time

I like how the bass sounds coming in a pretty good bit. Like some of the other posters, I think the fact that I don't know what you're saying keeps it from sounds "mainstream" to me and I mean that in a good way. It's a fun song to listen to, I'm not sure about the harmonica break around 1:45 but I might actually like it. I liked the guitar in the background at about 2:15, simple but it works. I think it's a pretty solid song, maybe not quite adventurous enough in my opinion but I did enjoy it.

Keep up the good work

• Members

If it were sung in english I might say that it's nice but a little mainstream for me. The fact that you sing in italian makes it exotic to me. The language changes the rhythm of the words slightly - enough to elevate my interest. So anyways, the italian works in your favor in my book.

Thanks for the feedback eeglug. You are so very right: the rythm of Italian words is a little tough to work with, because everything end with a A E O U or I....so you don

• Members

Typing as I listen the second time

I like how the bass sounds coming in a pretty good bit. Like some of the other posters, I think the fact that I don't know what you're saying keeps it from sounds "mainstream" to me and I mean that in a good way. It's a fun song to listen to, I'm not sure about the harmonica break around 1:45 but I might actually like it. I liked the guitar in the background at about 2:15, simple but it works. I think it's a pretty solid song, maybe not quite adventurous enough in my opinion but I did enjoy it.

Keep up the good work

Hi there oddest! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my stuff.

I have spent a whole day re-mixing and re-streaming stuff on soundclick...:freak:

I think you have listened to a song called "una giornata in ufficio", the only one where I have an harmonica going...I bought the harmonica today, and I cant really play it...but I thought...what the hell, lets give it a shot!

Infact I started this tread referring to another song that is posted on the soundclickpage, which is "Ho un aereo alle sei"...I did not see a lot of feedback on it, so I have restructured my soundclick page. Sorry about the mess.

I am not sure about the harmonica in the middle either to be honest with you. I think I will leave it until I fall in love with it;)

Thanks for your feedback and the constructive comments. Ciao, Matteo

• Members

"Live and Die": I like the tune, loaded with hooks, and the production is really good.

The lyrics -- I can't decide whether I'm taken in by their absolute simplicity or whether I'm going to decide that I don't like them. I'm leaning toward the positive right now. I'll listen a second time here.. I think they are good in this context.

• Members

"Live and Die": I like the tune, loaded with hooks, and the production is really good.

The lyrics -- I can't decide whether I'm taken in by their absolute simplicity or whether I'm going to decide that I don't like them. I'm leaning toward the positive right now. I'll listen a second time here.. I think they are good in this context.

i am always a little embarassed to share my stuff in English in this forum, and the reason for it is of course that I am not english. ;)

I totally understand your feeling about these lyrics. They are indeed very simple, and somewhat predictable with words like "baby, live , die . cry, fly.."...all I can say is that this song is very honest and comes from a deep state of mind.

Too bad the words dont mange to deliver the depressing "aiice in chains" kind of feeling I would have wished for.

Anyways...Thanks a million for listening and for your feedback man! Matteo

Archived