tube Amp noobie needs help

hollandbk

• Members

yay first post, hey guys i' m trying to dive into the world oh tube amps but i' m total overwhelmed, I've been playing my strat and les paul through solid state amps and i think its time I made the switch, I was looking at maybe a drri or twin but and really not set on anything yet, I play mostly rock and jazz and want something that would have a nice clean warm sound that I could crank up for the rock and that would be loud enough to cut through my drummer and other guitarist/bass player

• Members

a Laney GH50? those are very powerful and clean... my friend just bought one.

the Epiphones .Cal 50 look really cool, ive been looking at them now... but havent tried them...

if you're looking for combos then look no further from what what said above! i love those Peaveys.

• Members
thanks guys, i would also like to add that I would prefer a combo but if its comes down to tone vs tone i'll take a rack, also would like to stay in the 500-800 range maybe a little more
:thu:

You can ebay a peavey classic 30 for around 300 bucks, a used AC30 custom classic goes for 700-800. Look in the gar for sale section of the forums, sometimes there are some good deals.

• Members

I just got a couple of the Kustom Defender amps in. They are designed by James Brown, who designed the Peavey Classic series amps. They have a bypassable master on them, so you can set them up with just a volume OR with a volume and master for a bit more gain. 50 watts, all tube, 12" speaker, large tank Ruby Tubes brand reverb, footswitchable boost (adjustable up to 10db), they're a pretty impressive amp for an amp that can be sold new for $499.00, and it has a 3-year warranty. If you have a local Kustom dealer you should check one out.

• Members

yay first post, hey guys i' m trying to dive into the world oh tube amps but i' m total overwhelmed, I've been playing my strat and les paul through solid state amps and i think its time I made the switch, I was looking at maybe a drri or twin but and really not set on anything yet, I play mostly rock and jazz and want something that would have a nice clean warm sound that I could crank up for the rock and that would be loud enough to cut through my drummer and other guitarist/bass player

peavey valveking combo

• Members

peavey valveking combo

I have one of those too. I won't slag the vk. It's a great amp on a tight budget, but the OP has more money and wants a worthy amp.

DRRI. Go play one for yourself and make up your own mind. A/B it against the peavey classic 30 and decide for yourself.

As for me, my tone search has ended with the DRRI. YMMV.

Archived