Randall Century 170: Your Thoughts?

Zerimas

• Members

On a whim I went into my local pawnshop today and I saw a Randall Century 170 head and cab. A quick search of google and HC didn't turn up, so I'm curious as to what everyone's opinion is on this particular amp. What are these things worth? It was marked $230 at the pawnshop (I'm unsure if that is for the whole stack or just the head; I'm going to assume it's just the head).

Thanks.

• Members

GRAB IT!! i use that same rig at home and it is really dependable,also dimebags amp tech for over 10 yrs. said that the centurys were the ONLY AMPS that never broke down and stayed consistent as far as dimes tone. i read the guitar mags. articlei think last month issue.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

On a whim I went into my local pawnshop today and I saw a Randall Century 170 head and cab. A quick search of google and HC didn't turn up, so I'm curious as to what everyone's opinion is on this particular amp. What are these things worth? It was marked $230 at the pawnshop (I'm unsure if that is for the whole stack or just the head; I'm going to assume it's just the head).

Thanks.

Did you buy it? I forget if the one I had was a Century 170 II but it had a boxy type distortion not like Dimebags tone at all and weirdly nothing like the Century 200 distortion which is odd considering they were both Century models.

Archived