forumites co-operation

mekke

• Members

OK I've got a cut of the new track with bass to share. I'm putting it up now, if my wireless will let me from down here in the dungeon.

I tried singing the backup lines, and it was simply disastrous. mekke, your voice is so rich and expressive, mine sounds like a turkey next to it! A very unhappy turkey..

Mate! First, thanks for the bass track. Sounds great! If you can send it over sometime that would be great. Wav is preferred, sample rate 44100, 16 bit

Second: it

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I mean...give it a shot for the backing vocals

mekke, I took a shot at backing vocals on your choruses. Check out my soundclick in my sig. I only uploaded the chorus parts. Let me know what you think. :)

• Members
mekke, I took a shot at backing vocals on your choruses. Check out my soundclick in my sig. I only uploaded the chorus parts. Let me know what you think.
:)

I like it! I really do: your high pitch gives yhe chorus some more drama. I favour the second take; tomorrow I am gonna take the vocals again. If you wanna take a shot at it, that would be great. I post when I am done. Man! I am loving this whole thing.
Thanks!:wave:

• Members
I favour the second take

Actually what I posted are your two choruses from your recroding - not two different takes. I'm glad you liked it though. If you want that harmony vocal on your final let me know when you're ready. ;)

• Members
Actually what I posted are your two choruses from your recroding - not two different takes. I'm glad you liked it though. If you want that harmony vocal on your final let me know when you're ready.
;)

Eeg! I see your point: my point is that they are basically identical from my part, whereas slightly different from yours...in that respect I favour the progressions you do on the second chorus. See what i mean? Its late and I dont trust myself writing sensible stuff....:confused::blah:

• Members
Actually what I posted are your two choruses from your recroding - not two different takes. I'm glad you liked it though. If you want that harmony vocal on your final let me know when you're ready.
;)

Eeg! I see your point: my point is that they are basically identical from my part, whereas slightly different from yours...in that respect I favour the progressions you do on the second chorus. See what i mean? Its late and I dont trust myself writing sensible stuff....:confused::blah:

• Members
Eeg! I see your point: my point is that they are basically identical from my part, whereas slightly different from yours...in that respect I favour the progressions you do on the second chorus. See what i mean? Its late and I dont trust myself writing sensible stuff....
:confused::blah:

Both are essentially the same from my part as well (to me anyway), but I'm a little more "in sync" rhythmically and "on pitch" in the second one. Well, when we get to the final I can do another set of takes from which you select the "best".

• Members

I uploaded the Crossroad Song on my soundclick.

Your lead vocal sounds the same to me (?) - is this the final lead vocal? There's nothing wrong with it, it sounds great - just checking in case you intend to do something different with your vocal. I will be more than happy to add my harmony vocals to the version you have loaded now.

I really like the things you've added - it sounds great! The bass is a little too loud in the mix though.

What kind of drums do you currently have on there?

• Members
Strange msg editing..I am really toasted...Antway, all the answers are up there in the quote; just came out a bit funny

I'll hopefully will have something much later today...probably past your bedtime though. ;)

• Members

Wow! What an interesting thread I`ve been missing :)
If I could be helpful somehow - let me know.

Few words about what I do:

Here in Moscow, I work as a sound producer and arranger and I do lots of mixing and mastering work as well. Sure I`m not a Bob Ludvig or Tom Lord Alge, but I can do something because of everyday`s practice. I work at home mostly and sometimes work on several studios. You can listen to my works here: http://presidentstudio.ru The site is in russian language, but you can just listen to mp3 files (all of those tracks is my work). Don`t be afraid of very different kinds of music there :) Some of my clients like strange things...

/mp3 links underlined there or have a "play" button/

• Members

If any of you bothered to work on Sustain, don't worry about it for now. I've decided I'm just not in the mood to work on that one. I do have an (almost) finished song that I could use help with mixing/production on as well vocals, as well as if anyone thinks they want to change/add something to it. Lyrics are available on my soundclick along with the mp3: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=701714

• Members
If any of you bothered to work on Sustain, don't worry about it for now. I've decided I'm just not in the mood to work on that one. I do have an (almost) finished song that I could use help with mixing/production on as well vocals, as well as if anyone thinks they want to change/add something to it. Lyrics are available on my soundclick along with the mp3:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=701714

Floop , the track you have uploaded is a bit messy. As it is now, it gives an idea, but I dont think - and I only speak for myself - I could really bring anything to it, as I can hardly hear whats going on. Take your part to a click and jot down some drum loops. Once we have a good master track we can all dive in.:wave:

• Members

yah, I probably turned the pwnage on my guitar a little too high. I think I might redo the recording entirely acoustically first perhaps. Just guitar and vocals usually helps a lot. I keep forgetting how much I suck at music, but now I remember :p

• Members

Mekke, I have a new version of the Crossroads Song with backing vocals on my soundclick. Let me know what you think and any changes you want made.
;)

Dude!, I am listening as I write. I really like the pitch of your voice. It really blends in nicely. Your voice has this velvet kind of feel...very warm :thu: There are some two or three spots where it is slightly out of pitch...I dont know if the "anal me" is the only one hearing it or you can also hear it. If not, I can try and be more precise, and pin point the seconds

the other thing: the part where we sing - oi...now its "we"! - I know I know I know you feel it where I

• Members
Dude!, I am listening as I write.

I'm totally fine retaking but you have to be very specific about where I am off-pitch and what note you want higher. So tell me exactly where you think I'm off. I know for sure that I am not as discerning as you are about pitch.

If you want a different harmony note anywhere, try this: make a guitar overdub playing the exact harmony line you would like, post the whole mix with the overdub and I'll try to sing it. ;)

• Members

mekke, I just thought of something else. Can you please also post a mix without your vocal on it? That way I can play my harmony vocal against the backing track alone and will be able to pick out pitch problems better.

• Members
ok. Do you want the exixting one, or you want to try once I lay down the guitar track with the melody I had thought of?

How about this?

- one mix with only instruments + harmony line played on guitar. No lead vocal.
- another mix with only instruments and nothing else - not even the harmony line. You can even make this one just drum loops + one acoustic guitar.

I will line these up with the previous mixes in my software and do my vocals...

Thanks man! :wave:

• Members
Ok, I cant fix it now. Tomorrow night at this time, I will upload them.

Gonna go hit the sack now. Its been a long day. See U tomorrow mate, M

The time difference is a bummer. :cry: Oh well, we'll get this done eventually. :cool:

Archived