New(Unfinished) studio track.

wc8485

• Members

In the rock vein, this only has a live mix on it. Final mixing/mastering to come on thursday, three more tunes to be included.

We are just getting off the ground, have a couple gigs lined up through friends. 4 song demo to search and get more gigs, then record another 5 or 6 songs. Feedback appreciated, this is rock... distortion et al. Also, not a final mix.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=701334

**Edit, thanks. Soundclick now added, will be back when get more time to avoid being shunned...

• Members

Ok, well welcome to the HC forums. Be sure to comment on other people's work or we'll shun you :p

Also, try to get a soundclick, many people can't get to myspace cause of school/work blocking it.

Ok, here's my take: I like the breakdown/solo. I like overall sound for the instruments. I think the verses are fine. I do NOT like the chorus. I think if you're going to do the verses with the out of tune vocals to build the tension, speaking the chorus is the worst thing you can do. I think the chorus needs to be strong chords, powerful beat 1/3 drumming, and a strong vocal line. In the verses you build to a zenith of tension, but the chorus doesn't take that tension and turn it into energy, the speaking both leaves that tension hanging and leaves the ears hanging consequently. Try putting some singing on the chorus and see how that fits in. If your vocalist can't sing and that's why he's just speaking, find a new vocalist. It doesn't sound like that's the issue though.

Don't take criticism too harshly, we're here to tear each others' eyeballs out in the name of making better music, not to belittle each other, so keep that in mind and you'll be for the better, as will your music.

With that, welcome aboard.

Archived