My Band's New/Final Demo/Album

• Members

Okay, so I was in this band, but our bass player/singer graduated last week, and so we were forced to break up. But, we had a good few-month run, and recorded this "album" which for most bands would really just be a demo as it was recorded for free on a single-track recorder by some church dude, but for us it was our first and only album. But, we played a few shows and won a battle of bands, so we had a good run.

Anyway, please listen to all of them. They're all drastically different, as one of the points we made as a band was that no two of our songs sounded alike. I play lead/only guitar.

They're all on our SoundClick, in order

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=680430

1. Songs About Cars - A "classic rock" type song that our drummer wrote. He likes a lot of classic rock.

2. Creek - I wrote the music for this and our drummer wrote the lyrics. I posted a thread about it here. It actually seems to be the best crowd-pleaser of all of our songs.

3. Black Ivy - I wrote this song. Basically about an evil plant trying to take the narrator over.

4. Hardest Button to Button - A White Strips cover. 'Nuff said.

5. Inter-Mission - Retro instrumental song.

6. Shallow - A Ryan Adams cover. Faster and dirtier than the original, I think.

7. Death for One - A song I wrote, which ended up not really fitting in with the lead singer's voice or delivery. We included it anyway as it was one of our only 6 original songs.

8. So We Dug - This was actually the very first time we ever played this song, as our singer finally finished the lyrics the day we recorded. I came up with the progression, and we just jammed over it. One of my favorites to listen to, actually...

9. Songs About Cars (Acoustic) - An acoustic version of songs about cars. I play lead.

10. Creek (Acoustic) - An acoustic version of Creek. I play the only guitar.

• Members

Radiation! I have listened to some of the tracks, jumping here and there from song to song. The mix is what it is, but considering how you guys recorded we cant really do anything about it.

You guys must be really young, because your music sounds somewhat immature to me. The other option is that I am getting real old....

IMHO what is important here is that there is something cooking already, and obviously a lot of will to do music.

I like the idea of recording at the local church, with a condenser mic a couple of transistor amps and a karaoke singing mic, because that that is what it is all about; and whereas I could not say "wow, this sounds great!", I sure thought "this guys did a cool thing. They are playing together and they are having tons of fun". Those priceless garage days!

Most of your riffs are old rock school stuff, and for the most part I think that the guitar parts are well played. Sharpen your soloing and most of all, your bends: bends are very important for this kind of playing

Its difficult for me to pin point things since you posted ten songs all in one go. I think I randomly listened to some 6 of them.

If there is one song particularly dear to you and want an opinion on it, let me know and I will listen to it again. What you will get is my two cents only, but you know that. Keep up the spirit, M

• Members

I listened to the first two songs. Songwriting is okay. Creek has a theme very similar to Used to Love Her by GnR.

The singer sounds very Georgia Satellties (Keep Your Hands to Yourself) country rock. The rest of the band sounds more hard rock. Not a great match between vocal style and music style.

The guitar parts sounded a little out of tune at times. Perhaps some bends were a little off. The rest of the music sounded fairly tight.

Overall for some guys in school who played together for just a few months I thought results were good. Time to find a replacement for the singer/bass player and build on what you have. I didn't really like the vocal style anyway.

• Members

Perhaps you should join up in the co-op thread Mekke started now that you're between bands like I am. It's fun, you don't have to worry about working directly with others in rehearsals too!

I honestly tried to listen to the songs but my internet is so flakey I can't get it to stream right at the moment, perhaps in a while it'll work again.

• Members

I listened to a couple of tunes and I think you guys were a fun band. The vocals are a little 'off-pitchy' whiny punk but I was cool it with that. You sounded pretty together overall. It would've been great if you had a better sounding document of your work together. Hope you continue to work out stuff on your own - and yes, the forum cooperation thread is one avenue to try.

Archived