Tryin to get my drums set up.

• Members

Ok, Im using new software and have quite a few new plugins to choose from. Im trying to get all the eq's and comps set to get a descent drum sound. Once I achieve it I will save the presets as a template for future projects. The song Im messin with is called "Who Knows" on my soundclick page. I played it in my car when I went to get the kids from the movie and it sounded ok but seemed to be lacking enough bass and snare. On my mixing monitors it sounds good. I will play it on my home system tomorrow and see how it sounds, but would like anyones input. The tune has a sort of zep rock and roll vibe. Just wanted a simple tune to work with. My lead work sucks as usual, but I really dont claim to be a lead guitarist. Bass and drums are played by me also so they are not the greatest. My ears are tired, so I uploaded it for help. The other tunes on my site I used drums clips so just judge the one listed above. Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=695947

• Members

I gave it a very brief listen on my KRK RP5s. I found the snare and bass drum a little lacking, especially with the power riffing. The bass drum is probably my lack of bottom end with the KRKs. But there's definitely not enough high end crack on the snare to penetrate the mix nicely. The cymbals are fine. The drum rolls are fine. That is all from me, Mr Tin Ears himself...

Archived