Peavey Tripple X XXX Front Plate

sadlytragic

• Members

We took the one off of my friends old triple xxx, and cut out the triple xxx logo and put it on.

pic1472-1.jpg

He has a Mesa now, but some kid in SC has this amp

WOW, :love::thu: Looks like it might be time for me to do another tolex project.

• Members

My friends XXL front plate comes off and can be flipped over for a different look. Can the XXX? I think the girls look stupid and cheap.....NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE GIRLS! I DO!! I SWEAR!!!
:lol:

Debating between the XXX and the JSX.

The back of the front plate of a Triple XXX has either some weird looking green primer or orange looking primer(?) on it. My suggestion is if you get a Triple XXX, either find someone with some very good artistic/painting/spraypainting skills and the willingness to do so,(or perhaps the necessary money ha) to make you a reverseable side to it. As for the XXL, forget making a removeable faceplate for it, it's not removeable.(at least not easily) Search the forums for the Triple XXX Lounge thread for plenty of ideas/options if you want as well.

Your friend's amp you were probably looking at is the XL Supreme, the 2-channel version of the XXL, which does have a reversable faceplate to it straight from the factory.

FWIW, the JSX is a great amp, but depending on where your tastes lie with the midrange on a amp, like with Mesas and Marshalls, is what will most likely determine which amp you will prefer. (XXX - more lower mids, i.e. Mesas, JSX - more higher mids, i.e. Marshalls) There is a JSX owner's thread somewhere on this forum as well, so the search engine is your friend in this case. Also, the JSX does not have a removeable/reverseable faceplate, although I have seen some inventive people remove/mod it too.

Hope this helps! :thu::cool:

• Members

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. Good info. I'm going to go try out the XXX and JSX this week again and try to make a choice. I'm selling my Mesa Dual Rec. Been trying to for along time and finally I think I got a buyer a few hours away so new amp time!!

Played the JSX a month ago and it just sounded so much tighter then the Mesa. I also never found a distortion I was happy with on the Mesa so always used my Zoom Tri-Metal which is dumb to have a big expensive amp with an external distortion in my mind.

OnWingsOfLead's, looks beautiful man. But time wise I'd probably just go with Juggernaut's cause I've scene it black like that before and love it.

I play modern hard rock. Bands like Breaking Benjamin, Tool and Three Days Grace type stuff. I think the Peavey amps will finally give me what I'm looking for.

• Members

I gotta admit I don't know anymore what to do. lol.

I'm selling my Mesa Dual rec and part of me feels like I'm going to be downgrading to the XXX or the JSX which ever way I may go. I've been all over sites listening to tones and just not sure. Guess it's off to guitar center and hope they have something I like...........then buy it ebay for 1/3 the cost bah ha ha.

• Members

Homophobic? Therapy? Did I miss something?

No it wasn't a real big deal, I just thought it was obsessive, worrying about these nudie trucker gal thingies and going through all this trouble to hide it. I dunno, some of the replacement stuff turned out so good I'm starting to think it's a fairly creative upgrade. Not that I would spend two cents on fixing the faceplate on my triple XXX, even if it showed nude fat chicks or nude truck drivers for that matter!

• Members

I gotta admit I don't know anymore what to do. lol.

I'm selling my Mesa Dual rec and part of me feels like I'm going to be downgrading to the XXX or the JSX which ever way I may go. I've been all over sites listening to tones and just not sure. Guess it's off to guitar center and hope they have something I like...........then buy it ebay for 1/3 the cost bah ha ha.

I've seen them used for about 600

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 7/7/2008 at 10:46 PM, sadlytragic said:

My friends XXL front plate comes off and can be flipped over for a different look. Can the XXX? I think the girls look stupid and cheap.....NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE GIRLS! I DO!! I SWEAR!!! :lol:

hey bro I have a diamond plate already cut for my XXX,, I want the Trucker girls would you wanna trade..

20190914_144354.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Would anyone have the trucker girl plate and medallion parts?? where would I go to buy, I tried PV, they said no go......i searched the internet and that led me to you all brothers.

I can offer the one I have in trade if someones looking to rid themselves of the trucker girls.....

20190914_144354 (2).jpg

1107977610_20190914_144354(2).thumb.jpg.78bcb7cee1a64beb39dcb4e9dcc3b2c1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 7/7/2008 at 10:46 PM, sadlytragic said:

My friends XXL front plate comes off and can be flipped over for a different look. Can the XXX? I think the girls look stupid and cheap.....NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE GIRLS! I DO!! I SWEAR!!! :lol:

You can take the plates off the JSX too, thankfully! I have no experience with the XXX but the JSX is a really nice amp imo.

Archived