what do you think of this song....

• Members

i recorded it almost 2 years ago. had only been playing guitar for 2 years at the time. first song i ever recorded.

never got around to mixing it....or eq'ing it or even adding vocals.

oh well.

i know myspace links aren't ideal but i dont even have the original file anywhere i don't think.

its a shame because i really would like to ad vocals to it and fix things.

http://www.myspace.com/mushroomodyssey

• Members

thanks for listening. yes composition wise it is mighty boring.

it was actually for an assignment for a course at uni. when you've done nothing the whole semester and its due in 2 days.....sometimes boring and generic is the only option.

:o

i needsta check out some of your stuff though. i hear nothing but good things about this tamoore.

thats it....im gonna click it.......im gonna click your links.

edit: listened to about 4 songs. all excellent!

:love:

pretty penny and live 2 die have been my favourite so far.

and you also rival mystix in your pop rock sensibilities.

hands down some of my favourite stuff i've heard from forumites here.

:thu:

• Members

Sounds pretty good for a class project. The intro was kind of boring, the guitar chords were nice, and the lead playing was kind of wanky. Ok to listen to - inoffensive enough - not what I expected based on your avatar.

tamoore is probably my favorite song poster - love the power pop (listening to Fountains of Wayne on my way in to work)

• Members

Sounds pretty good for a class project. The intro was kind of boring, the guitar chords were nice, and the lead playing was kind of wanky. Ok to listen to - inoffensive enough - not what I expected based on your avatar.

tamoore is probably my favorite song poster - love the power pop (listening to Fountains of Wayne on my way in to work)

really? i found the intro is the only thing i like.....and the rest of the song is pretty boring. i was actually thinking of making an entire set of songs in the ambient style.

haha yeah the solo is wanky......the really long bend is the pure cheese. yeah and dont let my avatar fool you. its probably the reason why i could never be a songwriter in a band......"ok guys hey i wrote this song its like death metal".....*next day* "ok guys i wrote this song its like sly and the family stone" *next day* "ok guys i wrote a new song..we don't need guitars its all digital and with sequencing and samples". :o

thanks for listening.....and you're right about tamoore. but don't tell tamoore but i heard that song by toddzilla (the hairdo one). im totally in love with it.

• Members

eh-intro was boring kind of. [maybe in a different song-needs more too]

the middle was pretty good

the solo was wanky [there was no feeling]

buuut I liked the last 20 secs or so.

maybe you should like bookend it with that ending part, you know begin with it, instead of that original intro. -just a thought.

• Members

I wouldn't bag on that song, it is what it is. You've no doubt progressed since then. Give us something new to listen to!

the problem is i have no access to recording equipment. i'm sure i have better songs than that.

but i'm taking a slide guitar/pacific island Hawaiian ukelele course next semester.......and one of the requirements is to record a song in that style. so i get to use the small studio there.

so you can expect a recording like that from me in the next few months.

i am looking to buy a pod or a mic though because im atleast fluent enough in cubase sx to make my own scratch recordings at home. i only just discovered this songwriting board. this place rules.

i have taken note. write less wanky solos.

Archived