What's the smallest amp you've gigged with?

WynnD

• Members

What is the smallest amp that you've gigged with that wasn't miked?

Mine was a Heathkit TA-25 - 25 watt, solid state with 2-12" speakers. Used that with the house band for around six months. (Three nights a week.)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm assuming that most of these are guitar amps. My 25 watts was for a combo organ. Ace Tone. That's a company that has followed me. All but my second organ have been the result of Ace Tone. Organ number 3 was a Hammond X5, built by Ace Tone. My current organ is a VK77 built by Roland, which evolved from Ace Tone. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it reads on the Internet.)

For those interested, the second organ is a Vox Continental with the Z legs and still works. One of these days I want to do a 60s organ rock show using it.

• Members

What is the smallest amp that you've gigged with that wasn't miked?

Mine was a Heathkit TA-25 - 25 watt, solid state with 2-12" speakers. Used that with the house band for around six months. (Three nights a week.)

Original BF Fender Princeton

• Members

The only gigs I've ever done I've done with my Mark IV combo...but always into some 4x12, and always mic'ed.

If you count just randomly playing in front of a group of people, I used to bring a 9-volt battery-powered mini-amp thing to school fairly frequently...hahaha.

Archived