Kenneth Does Country. ("Mature" content)

• Members

Alright, this song has some pretty vivid descriptions of fellatio and cannibalism, along with implied murder, profanity, infidelity, criticism of the music industry, the same chord progression through the whole thing, and I swear to God, the worst falsetto I've ever done in my entire life. I sound like freaking Jon Anderson. But whatever!

In case you still care, I present:

I Use Teeth (Top 40 Hit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72YyaFhjsDo

The lyrics are on the side, in the description of the video, so you can read them if you like.

Have at it~!

• Members

Seriously, do your parents know what you do in your spare time?

This ultra sexual/violent facade is really getting old.

I'd like to know what you're really like underneath all this transparent posturing.

• Members

But -- dang, I LIKE his posts...

:D

Having heard a couple of Kenneth's previous songs I STRONGLY SUSPECT if he says that some may find his lyrics offensive that it is the UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE FISCAL QUARTER if not the year -- and that the percentage of people who will find his lyrics offensive would probably be an excellent uptime stat for a web provider...

How many YouTube accounts do you go through a year, Kenneth?

• Members

Seriously, do your parents know what you do in your spare time?

This ultra sexual/violent facade is really getting old.

I'd like to know what you're really like underneath all this transparent posturing.

I completely agree with you on the fact that I hide behind a facade, but personally, I don't view that as a completely negative thing. David Bowie, for three whole albums, acted as "the thin white duke" a pure Aryan, racist Anglophile. Now, in truth, this character had scarce little to do with Bowie as a person, but that's the entire point of a facade, isn't it.

Earlier, I described my style of music as "Glam Folk". Folk, of course, because my music, right now at least, if majorly acoustic, and Glam, for my over-the-top use of window-dressing as a method of removing myself completely from a narrative, letting it take it's own course. The character I like to portray is the polar opposite of who I actually am, he never hurts, he's the one out hurting people. He's a murderer, and he's a heartbreaker. Ne?

:idea::idea::idea::idea:

• Members

I don't recall a penchant for mixing violent sex with cannibalism all that much from They Might Be Giants... but Kenneth does have some of their flair for purposeful pop sensibility abuse... as well as what seems very much to be a death-of-irony-be-damned sense of license...

• Members

But -- dang, I LIKE his posts...

Having heard a couple of Kenneth's previous songs I STRONGLY SUSPECT if he says that some may find his lyrics offensive that it is the UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE FISCAL QUARTER if not the year -- and that the percentage of people who will find his lyrics offensive would probably be an
excellent uptime stat
for a web provider...

How many YouTube accounts do you go through a year, Kenneth?

I've been trying to kill just the one for a couple months now. Apparently, anything short of boobs and snuff is A-OK for youtube.

:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I should stipulate that I haven't heard this one yet -- just in case there's something in it that's making everyone say to themselves, OK, that's it, free speech is all very well and good but this time he's gone too far.

That said, I have no responsibilities at YT, so I'm pretty much off the hook (er, the responsibility kind not the 90s speak kind) here, guardian-of-western-civilization-wise.

And I appreciate that, too.

;)

• Members

I think you're wasting your time here. You've got an ear for melody, and you are able to write lyrics with depth, but you expend your effort on writing unlistenable songs. This strikes me as a cry for help/attention.

Alright, I'll make you a deal. The next song I post will have absolutely no mention of sex, no mention of violence, not even a single ounce of profanity. :D

Cross my heart.

• Members

This one was so over the top (as if the others weren't?!) and it did make me laugh. I say just enjoy yourself and do what you want to. At some point you'll get tired of it or you'll morph it into something else because there's only so much gutter before you start repeating yourself.

• Members

Or we'll hear about Kenneth on the evening news and we'll say to ourselves... He seemed like such a nice, quiet guy... who'd have thought? The whole Dallas cheerleading squad... terrible, just terrible.

Or...the ugliest scenario of them all.

He becomes some kind of internet cult hit and becomes trapped in a personna he comes quickly to despise... making a fortune and squandering it all on narcotic cough medicine and middle aged hookers and finally only finding peace by joining a monastery in Paraguay... or Patagonia. I'm not sure which.

• Members

Alright, I'll make you a deal. The next song I post will have absolutely no mention of sex, no mention of violence, not even a single ounce of profanity.

Cross my heart.

I love sex, violence, and profanity, but it's not enough to carry a song. It's the difference between "Closer" and whatever Bloodhound Gang bull{censored} song you choose.

I think Johnny Cash said that any song worth singing was about God, sex, or murder. That does not mean, however, that any song about God, sex, or murder was worth singing.

Not trying to bust your balls or anything, here, Ken. I'd totally buy The Instrumental Hits Of Kenneth, and I appreciate your lyrical imagination. Listening to it, however, is about as fun as listening to 2nd graders talk about the mommydaddy buttons.

• Members

I love sex, violence, and profanity, but it's not enough to carry a song. It's the difference between "Closer" and whatever Bloodhound Gang bull{censored} song you choose.

I think Johnny Cash said that any song worth singing was about God, sex, or murder. That does not mean, however, that any song about God, sex, or murder was worth singing.

Not trying to bust your balls or anything, here, Ken. I'd totally buy The Instrumental Hits Of Kenneth, and I appreciate your lyrical imagination. Listening to it, however, is about as fun as listening to 2nd graders talk about the mommydaddy buttons.

Well the thing is, I personally interpret this song as nothing more than a simple love song. The narrator falls for another man, but he's already married. With that in mind, he convinces his lover to murder his wife. That's essentially the entire plot of the piece. The only part that I believe was a bit superflous or exceedingly vulgar was the bridge, but that was meant to represent sexual dominance: the concept that in the act of oral sex, the "recieving" partner is also "on top", as it were.

Anyway, thanks for your criticism. :thu: I value your opinion and I will take it into consideration. :thu::thu:

Archived