Reanimated

Fr0zensm0ke

• Members

I'm new to the site... and I'm very new to bass guitar... I've been studying music and playing trumpet for 9 years though. I just recently began songwriting for a band that a few buds and I are starting over the next 3- 5 months...

Our plan is to be a metal band with less aggressive vocals (like Disturbed) So i believe its true to the genre.

~Reanimated~

Heartbroken lifelessness

No hope no more faith

Withering fading away

Living for nothing

Wincing in weakness

Frustration day after day

Lonely and empty

Downright degraded

Get this {censored} out of my head

Someday I hope to be

Reanimated

And forget everything I have said

I feel like nothings going right

I know I won

• Members

What kind of music is this intended for? It's unusual today to have lyrics that are written in such flowery language, but you can get away with it in some genres.

I'd also (depending on the genre) suggest more repetition--a chorus or a refrain would remind the listener what you are talking about.

• Members

I dunno, the song 'This is Hardcore' by Pulp has like loads of different sections and no obvious chorus. Well repeated chorus anyway. The only bit with the words 'this is hardcore' in is played only once.

But yeah, what type of music is this for?

• Members

Super depressing first verse- sounds emo..... But it lightens up dramatically after that with a more determined and positive outlook. Nice structure, meter, rhyming. This would fit a couple of different types of music. Once you get it recorded - even rough - I'd like to hear it posted here....

• Members

They seem to have similar lyrical style, Disturbed that is. As far as Metallica, more order is needed. The sylabils have to be counted and more rhyming even if it is a rhyme without a reason.:thu:But disturbed are different, they throw out lot of words sometimes.

Good job, enjoy your band and write as much as you can.

• Members

I actually like the colorful language. I think it will fit very nicely within the genre especially. Only one thing I ask you guys do: Don't scream because you feel like it, please stay musical!
:D

thanks and ... no we don't intend to be HEAVY metal... or screamo ... If you've listened to Disturbed... thats how we aim to be as far as vocals...

Archived