New Song "North North West" Opinions please.

Jimmy Chaos

• Members

It has an appealing, lonely troubador kind of feel. I'm afraid I can't make out the lyrics very well. I like the feeling of plaintive yearning I get from the singing... It reminds me a little of some of the English avant-neo-folkies of the 70s... a little Robert Wyatt touch here and there... It feels a trifle long but it's got a certain charm.

:)

• Members

very easy to listen to. It's a little off what I normally listen to, which is punk and some emo, but I really really like it. Very charming, actually. What chords are those? All I can catch without getting lost in the song is a G major. Ahh, this is one of my new favorite songs :)

• Members

very easy to listen to. It's a little off what I normally listen to, which is punk and some emo, but I really really like it. Very charming, actually. What chords are those? All I can catch without getting lost in the song is a G major. Ahh, this is one of my new favorite songs
:)

Really glad you like it.

The verse is all C and then F for the last 8 bars,

and the chorus is Am G Am G C

Here's the lyrics too.

Direction north north west

For you only the best

Make the call another chance at hope

North north west defines

The sparkle in your eye

Tie the knot with a different piece of rope

Freak rebel

You couldn't tell?

North north west and an empty wishing well

North north west we ride

The suns not in our eyes

The warmth remains it's what we left behind

North north west awaits

It's time to meet our fate

Togehter you and I

Freak rebel

You couldn't tell?

North north west has gone

Taken by the sun

It's sad to say it happens all the time

SO North North West Goodbye

We're sorry that you died

You'll always be mine

Freak rebel

You couldn't tell?

Freak rebel

You couldn't tell?

• Members

Hey Jimmy,

I like the dreamy feel to this. I really like the chorus. It reminds me of Oasis a bit (the chorus that is). The verses, Nick Drake.

Not sure if I understand the story you are telling though. :confused:

But all in all, good stuff!

Neall

• Members

The lyrics are meaningless... It's just a bunch of words that sounded nice together, It's nicer becuase it can mean anything to anyone...

:D

May some folks wonder why most of us like the song "Direction north north west" by Jimmy Chaos. This song is an almost pure example of the growing cultural phenomena "Emotion"

Normally I stop listening to something who doesn't appeal after a few seconds, but listening to this song "Direction north north west," I certainly thought after four bars into the song: "I don't understand a words he is singing, and the sound is bad too, but let's continue, it's is pleasant and makes me feel good"

• Members

:D

May some folks wonder why most of us like the song "Direction north north west" by Jimmy Chaos. This song is an almost pure example of the growing cultural phenomena "
Emotion"

Normally I stop listening to something who doesn't appeal after a few seconds, but listening to this song "Direction north north west," I certainly thought after four bars into the song: "I don't understand a words he is singing, and the sound is bad too, but let's continue, it's is pleasant and makes me feel good"

The sound is bad? do you mean sound quality or vocals / guitar?

Cheers. :)

Archived