need some feedback

Chunk

• Members

man, you've got to work out the synchronization/timing in there. The sounds themselves and the parts are fine, but they sound so jumbled together I can't tell my ass from my face while listening to it. Are you recording to a click track? Also are you playing each part separately and then putting it all together, or are you playing along with what you already have and building it in layers?

• Members

the timing sounds fine to me :confused: i'm putting it together in parts as i can't play each instrument at once and building it up from there. i play along to the drum track. i just listened to it again and i couldn't hear any synching issues.

• Members

It feels like things aren't melding together then. I don't know but it just feels slightly off and slightly not together. I'll listen one more time and see what feels out of place.

_________

Ok, yah, first it takes me forever to find the beat, but there's only 25 seconds of material so perhaps that's not the end of the world. I am hearing things off by a few milliseconds on occasion. The guitars don't seem to always line up on beat. Keep looking into it, it might be your recording hardware adding in latency and your software not compensating correctly. It also could just be your playing =/

I don't want to be harsh but it just feels awkward right now to me, and you wanted to know, so I told.

• Members

either the drums are behind the beat or the guitars are ahead of it. Either way, floophead is right, you have some issues to work out.

Music itself is nifty though. Work out that timing issue and you'll have yourself a nice snippit.

• Members

I dont think its a timing issue as much as it is the drum track just doesnt fit the mood of the music. I listened to it a couple three times..... The timing isnt really off from what i can tell ,, but its just not the right drum part to really fit that song. Drum loops are like that.... IF you are doing it on a recorder where you can drop the drums out of the track ,, and listen to it ... see how it sounds to you then. I do that sometimes.... Run with a drum track that is less than ideal ,, to keep the beat ,, then pull the thing out on the final and let the song go without drums. rat

• Members

I don't think there are MAJOR timing issues. . . it's just rhythmically too sloppy. Needs to be much tighter. As far as the parts and all go I think it's pretty nice.

If you're talking about this being an "album track" or something, it's just not at all tight enough. The drums are fine they're just way too sloppy.

Archived