Newer Tune

imusicscene

• Members

Hey guys I thought I would post this one up and see what you think. This is a tune called Actions. About three songs down. It started off as a bass line I wrote and then I asked people to write a guitar part around it. Chrickon did some stellar guitar work on it so we ran with it. Warren Peese added some killer drums and it was mixed/mastered by my writing partner Floridamusic. I added some vocals somewhere in there.

http://www.imusicscene.com/dfw/audio.php

Thanks for checking it out!

• Members

I liked it. It sounded pretty professional and the song seemed well-constructed. I might've commented more if I had the lyrics at hand. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, which felt like you guys didn't have one figured out. Otherwise good work.

• Members

I don't know why, but it feels like the vocals are just a little bit muddled. I can't hear the aggressive sounds clearly (i.e. 's' & 'd' sounds, etc). Since it's such a professional mix I figured it's not too nitpicky to bring up.

I also think drums could've benefited from a little treble, especially on the snare, to get it to cut through a little better. Cymbals were a little buried too.

But, this isn't really the style of music I listen to a lot, so perhaps my suggestions are moo.

Reason I'm focused on the mix so much is that's all there's really left to the song to work on. It's really well put together and sounds quite professional. Not much more to do with this one ultimately, which is a good thing, but it'd be cool to hear some of your stuff further back in the writing process so I can comment more :D

Good stuff :thu:

• Members

Yeah, the one comment for me would have to be trying to improve the clarity of the vocals. A song that is making a statement like this one needs to have clear vocals so that the audience is sure to be able to follow along.

Archived