Opinions/Critiques of my new song...

baron85

• Members

Uffff...

I like it a lot!

I thought that those long verses were going to be a problem to fit them

into a cool groove but you got that down! I like the Chord Progression. Some of the voices on the 3 minute mark kind of feel awkward. Other than that there is nothing I could say to make it "better" or "worse" ;) as I believe it's great as it is!

BTW, for being a 5 minute song, it sure didn't felt like it!

• Members

this is hip for me. some of the sloppiness in there i really dig and some, i just don't. i definitely like you alot, though. i truly dug 'sweet delilah' when you presented it about a year ago. in fact, i LOVE that tune. i just listened to it again. great work....sorry about the tangent! (btw - how fucking crazy does it make you now that there's a top 40 song that's folk rock with the name 'delilah' in it? same type of thing happened to me...i wrote a tune VERY similar to 'chasing cars' about a year before snow patrol got on the radio. hehehe)

i like your work, man. it's cool and unpolished. i think you could use [even if but] a bit more polish, but it's still good stuff.

the vocal approach in this tune is hip and i hope it gets a bit more developed. not to perfection, but maybe a little more structured and well-performed. (and don't say "that's my voice" because there are some parts that you nail with a great vibe. :) )

peace,

g

• Members

Thanks guys for the kind words. Bluesway, it actually really pisses me off that that piece of {censored} song is on the radio. I know a lot of people like it, but I think it's very, very annoying. Plus, they took my female name! But hey, at least they didn't reference Samson or make it pseudo-Biblical like I did. One interesting thing: Regina Spektor did a song on her last album called Samson, that is almost the flipside of my song. It's from the perspective of Delilah, and it actually IS a good song.

And yes, I know (all) my songs need more polish, but that will come as soon as I can get some better recording equipment, other than the 10-dollar computer mike that I've used on all these. Considering the equipment used, I'm pretty proud they don't sound like absolute crap. All I need now are some drums!

Does anyone have any opinions on the Coda? Or the vocal effects that I used at the very end? Personally, I think the effects are cool, and the coda really ties the song together.

• Members

And yes, I know (all) my songs need more polish, but that will come as soon as I can get some better recording equipment, other than the 10-dollar computer mike that I've used on all these. Considering the equipment used, I'm pretty proud they don't sound like absolute crap. All I need now are some drums!

I don't think it sounded that bad at all. The vocal and guitar needs to be tightened up a bit performance-wise, and the lead vocal needs to be mixed better, perhaps with some compression (seems to dip in and out a lot), but it certainly wasn't badly recorded. Especially for a $10 mic. I think the song has a lot of potential.

• Members

I really like it. The chorus line has a real confident classic feel to it for me. The coda kind of threw me off a bit but with a little more "polishing" I think it'll be better. But I also like the "raw" feeling the song has. I think it comes from the vocals. Definitely don't lose that.

PS. is it in standard tuning?

• Members

Okay, so aside from Tamoore and Bluesway (and maybe eeglug), I haven't really seen any of you guys before, and I'm pretty sure y'all haven't heard any of the songs that those guys have heard before. Did any of you listen to any of my other stuff? I'd love to hear what you thought of that, as well. Here's the link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=649037

• Members

Ok....

Love the verse progression with the drone notes under the changes, and the verse itself is very nice. I feel like the chorus drags a bit... You've got this great momentum getting there, and then everything just kind of stops.. The chorus isn't bad, but it just could use some rhythmic elements to keep it churning forward...

As usual, your vocal is very 'earthy', which is an excellent attribute for someone who's doing material like you're doing.. Nice work!

Archived