for the interested, i posted 5 tunes from the new CD on soundclick

bluesway

• Members

It's HERE.

i keep feeling a reluctance to post them here, since it's not really the point of this forum to just spam people with your tunes, but i've "known" you guys here for almost two years now and i figured i'd give an update.

if you're sick of me, just tell me to go {censored} myself.

:lol:

peace,

g

• Members

I think there's a big diff between someone spamming a promo for their new album on their first visit here as they cross post the same thing in scores of BBs across the net -- and someone who contributes as much as you do here, helping other folks and discussing songwriting, posting a link to a finished album that contains work we've seen develop along the way.

I'm going to go give it a good listen a little later... right now I'm in a Swingle Singers kind of mood. I don't think you want to try to follow their Claire de Lune too closely...

;)

• Members

Sounds fantastic. I don't know if it was worth the 2 year wait, but the mix does sound great.

Imperfect World - We were talking about sitting right on the edge of the amp breaking up (in the context of "Castles"), but you do a great job with exactly this technique with the lead guitar on "Imperfect World". I take everything back.

It's Alright - Is totally knocking my socks off. My favorite one of your songs so far. Great work.

Without Your Love - isn't totally convincing as Reggae, but does sound like a really excellent Police/Sting Solo Album outtake.

I think I listened to Muddy Water and Castles already.

You should be very proud. Now get out there and tour the crap out of this material (btw, I think a trio is your best setting).

• Members

This Imperfect World: Very nice! Tasty guitar - yum. A really cool hook that sneaks up on you - the best kind of hook.

It's Alright: Love that you're doing some rhythmic trickery on this. Most odd rhythms these days are by bands hitting you on the head with the asymmetry of what they're doing...this is much more slippery and unpredictable. The song builds its drama very nicely.

Muddy Water: more like your other soundclick stuff, which is not a bad thing. For someone who claims to agonize over his material, it all seems to come out with a light touch.

Without Your Love: Oh I remember this one. I liked it the first time around and it's still good. (The reggae rhythm reminds me of Joe Jackson's Fools In Love from his first album.)

Castles: I know you wanted the Hendrix reference in there...it still bugs me a little but damn it's a good song anyway.

Overall, I love what you do. And you have a personal vision tying everything together. Really cool work.

• Members

Muddy Water--I am a little overwhelmed with the vocals during the verse, but it's a cool effect. The chorus is great. The bridge is right where it needs to be, and the return to the double vocal thing is a nice call back. Guitar solo is tasty, and a great counter to the kinetic verse and chorus.

If I could make a change, I'd like to hear two different voices doing the back and forth--it's a little disorienting to hear the same voice back to back and overlapped.

I'll check out the other ones as time permits--repeated bumps for you.

• Members

*checking in from far away from home*

thnx for the comments....i should add that i'm now up on the myspace thang....better than before, i mean. (before, i wasn't tending to it very much....now, i'm a little better.....a little.)

it's www.myspace.com/gschmittmusic

i know, i know....we don't like myspace....but it still is tops in the free publicity dept.

• Members

The Imperfect World - I'm really digging this guitar sound. I wouldn't think this tonality would work easily, but it really falls into place beautifully. Great mix too, I like how you have the drums supporting the guitar part, works well. :thu:

It's Alright - Awesome sound. The distorted chords on the verses are sick. Personally, I'd kill to get that kind of sound. Great vibe throughout the whole tune. :thu:

Muddy Water - I like the rhythmic feel of this song. It's very laid back, really great combination of relaxation and energy with the rapid fire vocals. My only reservation is the bridge vocals, I think maybe transposing the line a little higher, maybe a 3rd up, might fit a little better. I really like the choruses, they're unusually catchy for some reason I can't pin down :cool:

I'm glad to see you've been hard at work, it really paid off. These are definitely top notch tunes here and I will totally buy your CD when I'm not completely broke... oh wait... that's pretty much always :p

Archived