Mesa4x12er2

• Members

Ok so here's what I've found so far.

This thing is capable of being just straight bludgeoning. I can't think of an amp I've heard out there that sounds "heavier" in a room.

Now the music I play I go with a thick, heavy tone but not near as heavy as this can get.

The attack on this amp isn't that of a VHT but it can come close. The looseness I think some talk about is the fact that this head has an overabundance of low end. If you add t much you'll get some boom. Dial it out and you have a solid, thick, focused low end. Even for really fast metal with quick strums if you dial this in right I don't see how you could have a problem unless you're just sloppy to begin with.

When you back off the gain the tone is still there, although it may be a little too focused for some looking for more sag and squish.

Haven't even tried the clean channel yet haha. I'll post more when I do.

• Members

Work that presence control. It seems to have a huge effect on the sound.

another big +1, very interactive presence control, seems to affect a lot more than a normal presence control. Besides affecting the highend, it seems to thicken up the midrange too, lots of snarl to be had in that beast.

• Members

Yeah it does. Although I'm starting to find I only like a ton of it or none. Don't like the inbetween.

All the way down tone is smooth and round. A lot with the treble backed off pissed off agressive.

man, you really gotta try a boost with that amp. It doesn't need it, but it really seems to open it up a lot IMO. I like it boosted with the gain and bass way down around 10:00-12:00. It's still huge sounding, but remains punchy and tight, with a really tasty 3D snarl in the mids.

• Members

It never fails, anytime I see a window that I can post this vid, I take it! I LOVE this vid. Nothing like a pedophile poser who has expensive gear and sucks ass!

I like how cocky he is about the gear. "Les Paul...Bogner YOOBERSHTALL...Black Sabbath Iron Man."

• Members
I {censored}ing LOVE that vid.

If that were me that made that video and it ended up on the internet for the world to see, you'd find my cold, stiff, lifeless, and bloated body hanging from a thick rope on the steel I beam in my dark basement. After six weeks because I had no friends and the neighbors complained about "the smell coming from next door". Seriously...:facepalm:

To the OP - Congrats on your Uber man!!

• Members

The Uber is one amp I had that I wish I had never sold. I had the Rev. 2 Uber, but I'd really like to try the newest Revision Blue. In the end though, and I should don my flamesuit, I thought my Triple Rectifier did a passable job at the super-low end thing (at volume) while being way more versatile for other tones and remote switching.

In a band mix, the Uber seemed to do two interesting things that my bandmates noticed - sort of took our bassist out of the spectrum of sound while also not being very "punchy" and (I hate the use this tired and all to often-used phrase) getting lost in the mix. Very odd to say the least. I would imagine that I didn't spend enough time dialing the amp with the band, so user-error may have been a part of this.

It did record so very well though. I wonder how much real difference the newest version is compared to the old ones?

• Members

Ok so here's what I've found so far.

The Uber is one of my favorite amps of all-time. Plug a strat or tele into it and see how it changes. I never used the gain WAY up and always had the presence (more of a mid-sweep) up about 1:00-2:00, but I also found the Uber to clean up far better than most high gain amps.

• Members

Honestly, I think that Bogner did the Uber a great dis-service by billing it as a "super-bro0talz only" amp. It's really got a great deal of versatility built into its two channels, and I really haven't found too many sounds on it that wouldn't work in some context. I can see the point about it getting lost in a mix, though...the tone has so much going on that I could see it blending in with both the bass and a second guitar if you weren't VERY careful about EQ and gain levels.

Mine is #96...I'll be set as soon as "Pre-100" Ubers become the next hottest thing. lulz

One question: On my Uber, all of the knobs are screwed on in a weird position - when they're turned all the way up, they point straight down, so the "half way" point on each knob is now 1:30 or so, not 12:00.

Is this standard, or did a previous owner think he was cool and re-align all of the knobs for some unknown reason?

• Members

In a band mix, the Uber seemed to do two interesting things that my bandmates noticed - sort of took our bassist out of the spectrum of sound while also not being very "punchy" and (I hate the use this tired and all to often-used phrase) getting lost in the mix. Very odd to say the least. I would imagine that I didn't spend enough time dialing the amp with the band, so user-error may have been a part of this.

i found the same thing with mine

i've still kept it coz i'm waiting to see how she records

In the mix it didn't cut and punch as good as i thought it would. Definately alot of bottom end and i too got in the way of my bass player

my settings in the band were something like this

GAIN: 11 oclock

BASS: 11 oclock

MID: 3 oclock

PRES: 2 oclock

TRE & VOL to taste

• Members

One question: On my Uber, all of the knobs are screwed on in a weird position - when they're turned all the way up, they point straight down, so the "half way" point on each knob is now 1:30 or so, not 12:00.

Is this standard, or did a previous owner think he was cool and re-align all of the knobs for some unknown reason?

No idea if that's standard, but mine aren't like that. They start at about 7:00-8:00, and end at about 4:00-5:00.

Archived