Is it just me--- or do all pop-punk american singers sound EXACTLY the same??

Acquiescence

• Members

I think they do, but i bet to guys that listen to it it's not like that... i don't know. I guess when i go on about how great i think David Vincent's or John Tardy's voice is, that some people think they all sound the same anyway. I never mean to appear to defend pop-punk though...eeewwww. ;)

• Members

I think they do, but i bet to guys that listen to it it's not like that... i don't know. I guess when i go on about how great i think David Vincent's or John Tardy's voice is, that some people think they all sound the same anyway. I never mean to appear to defend pop-punk though...eeewwww.
;)

I don't listen to pop punk either but I would say you're right.

It's too easy to say "they all sound the same" when it comes to something you don't normally listen too. As far as singers go, timbre varies with almost every singer so even if they're singing the same type of melodies, they aren't going to sound the same.

• Members

There aren't many original sounding singers. when one comes along, everyone copies him. like in the ninties everyone was trying to sing like Eddie Vedder.

THe pop punk stuff is like nursery rhymes, very whiney and nasal. It is basically the sound of grown men trying to sound like they are six years old.

I hate pop punk more than any other genre.

• Members

I don't know. There are glaring differences to me, but thats because there is good, poppier punk like Capture the Flag and Bad Religion, and then there is crazy stuff like Propaghandi and such.

Then there is Jimmy Eat World, Polar Bear Club, Attack In Black or Rise Against...all bands that could be lumped in the same category but sound immensley different.

-Curtis

• Members

No. That's like saying that all 80s hair metal singers sound the same. That may be true at first listen but once you actually listen, (you know that thing you do when you aren't bitching about the music) then they sound different. Sure there are some that try to sound like Billy Joe or Tom Delonge, but far from all.

• Members

There aren't many original sounding singers. when one comes along, everyone copies him. like in the ninties everyone was trying to sing like Eddie Vedder.

THe pop punk stuff is like nursery rhymes, very whiney and nasal. It is basically the sound of grown men trying to sound like they are six years old.

I hate pop punk more than any other genre.

????????? I couldn't understand words sang from Eddie Vedder. STP? Yes, AIC, yes, Soundgarden, yes.

EMO group singers sound the same? to me they do. It's like the 80's soprano have to be singers.

Archived