Made some new music.. looking for some feedback

Magnus Petterse

• Members

Well for what my opinion is worth, I love it. Nice understated subtlety particularly on 'Sweep'. Something I just can never achieve. You have a unique sound with an individual voice with a lot of character. Nice energy levels too.

Good sound all round, nice stuff man.

• Members

Not sure what you have in mind, but not a lot needs to change in my mind, i like what you have. But If I guess the best way for me to think of it is what I would do with it. It's not really fair to say since the sample rate on the MP3 seems a bit low, so it does loose some edge, but that's exactly what I would do....add a little edge to the main guitar riff. That or maybe have another part an octave higher, again with a little more edge to give it a more cutting bite. But I would bring in any second guitar after a few bars. Or - again if I was doing it - I would stop dead just before the fourth beat of the fourth bar, then come in with everything at once at the start of the 5th bar. Working it out and dividing the beats into 16, it would be on the 12th beat in the 4th bar. Just a thought, and I hope that made sense :)

The epic 60's style Floyd ending is stunning man, love it. What are you using on guitar for that trick? Some kind of Guitar synth I guess? The only thing I would do to that is maybe slowly take the lead melody higher up the fretts towards the end. You threaten to do this as you slide up. But hey, that's being really picky now :) Besides, it would go against what I said before about the understated appeal of your music.

Really like you stuff.

• Members

It's a lot of songs to comment on. I like them all. The two things that stands out for me is you vocal performance which is exceptionally good and then your songwriting skills.

The songs are great, all instrument performances are great, but the vocal stands out to me.

I have no really good ideas abouth how the compositions could be changed or anything like that. They are solid!

• Members

Thanks for all the great feedback people! This is great to hear! I will start to look at your tips nomy, because I think you had some great ideas there!

If you have a mail I can send you some better files if you want to, because the files on MySpace just don't justify the audio quality on the songs.

It is not a guitar on the end of the song SEIS, it is a NordElectro NordLead synth, that is running trough a Fulltone TTE, into an Orange Rocker 30 combo and an old Marshall 2x12" combo, I think it is the blues breaker..

• Members

Thanks for all the great feedback people! This is great to hear! I will start to look at your tips nomy, because I think you had some great ideas there!

If you have a mail I can send you some better files if you want to, because the files on MySpace just don't justify the audio quality on the songs.

It is not a guitar on the end of the song SEIS, it is a NordElectro NordLead synth, that is running trough a Fulltone TTE, into an Orange Rocker 30 combo and an old Marshall 2x12" combo, I think it is the blues breaker..

Just PM'd you my email address. I'd love to hear some of your tunes as they should be heard :)

Archived