Best Andy Timmons albums?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

They all rock, but go with the newer stuff. "Resolution" and "The Spoken and the Unspoken", both big ol' slabs o' win! If you'd like to check out a different side of his playing, "The Pawn Kings" is a phenomenal blues record that features probably the best version of "Little Wing" I've ever heard. (Yes, I know it's blasphemy, but it's that good!) Also, the Elvis Costello-meets-Rubber Soul groove of "Orange Swirl" is extremely cool.

I'd probably recommend picking up "Resolution" and the "Live Resolution" DVD first though, to give you both an audio and visual sample of the dude's awesomeness & ridiculously badass tone.

Enjoy...

• Members

any of the Danger Danger cd's..... ;):cop::o

Actually, I only have two of his solo cd's, Resolution, and That Was Then This Is Now (a compilation of his Earxtcy albums, I think).

Both are great, but Resolution is better than TWTTIN

• Members

I have Resolution, Ear-x-tacy, and Andy-thology. They are all great. I have a signed copy of the Resolution DVD from when I met him this summer. He's a down to earth dude. I don't even listen to instrumental prog. rock but I like his stuff because of the great mix of stuff he can cover.

Archived