Attention Marshall Artist 3203 or 4203 users!

diocide

• Members

you know, twisty, if you just stick a patch cable into the footswitch jack it will select the boost channel...

or you could make your own. took me like 20 minutes and about 10 bucks worth of material to make a nice metal cased one to replace the {censored}ty plastic one that i got with it.

• Members

you know, twisty, if you just stick a patch cable into the footswitch jack it will select the boost channel...

Well no need,my pedal came today! Oh my, Daddy like!:rawk: Ok gotta go haul the 4X8" cab down and see,on another note my new V212 & my Swede sound:thu: So far I say it sounds better than my Laney AOR 30 & Valve Jr. what? She is loud but I got her under control for room playing & my kids can hear their TV's upstairs:cop:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Update. I did the C13 mod this morning to one of my 3203s(my main one). Wow what a change. The clean channel improved so much. I could use my bridge pu at all with it and now it sounds great. It took about 10 minutes and was totally worth it.

Thanks for the advice guys.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I did this to mine years ago, the C13 and the LEDs. Even the band noticed the change - in the Normal channel. I never heard a difference in the Boost channel. As far as I know from the HC review this mod was posted in originally, it's only supposed to affect the Normal channel.

I find the Boost channel to be very flubby on low strings. I always have to run some sort of pedal with a Bass control beforehand to roll off some. Tighten things up.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Bump!

I have a 4203 and I see how you do the C13 mod. I'm gonna do this mod. There seems to be some inconsistency on what the C13 mod does. Most say it takes harshness and brightness out of the clean channel (a good thing). then Fatcat says it only affects the boost channel. Which is it?

The LED mod is referenced here but there's no instructions on how to do it. Do you remove the two red LEDs in the pic? Or do you clip one side of the LED and leave them in there?

• Members

Bump!

I have a 4203 and I see how you do the C13 mod. I'm gonna do this mod. There seems to be some inconsistency on what the C13 mod does. Most say it takes harshness and brightness out of the clean channel (a good thing). then Fatcat says it only affects the boost channel. Which is it?

The LED mod is referenced here but there's no instructions on how to do it. Do you remove the two red LEDs in the pic? Or do you clip one side of the LED and leave them in there?

Old post is OLD! Anyway, I found that the C13 mod effects both the clean and boost channels. It's a lot more noticeable on the clean, but I definitely heard a difference in the boost channel as well.

As for the LED mod, I'm not sure, because I never did it. I cant' imagine it'd be too hard to find though. Google is your friend.

• Members

I've been aware of the mod for over ten years but never brought myself to do it. Maybe some time in the future...

Doo eeeeeeeeeet! Trust, if you don't like it, it's easily reversible. It'll take you less time to do than changing a tube.

• Members

There's an Artist for sale here on the OC craigslist for $250. Sadly I'm broke
:cry:

That's a great deal! I'm thinking about selling mine and I was looking at ebay's completed listings and the last few sold for over 400 bucks. I bought mine for 300.

• Members

Okay, I did the C13 mod. Took 10 minutes end-to-end including putting a piece of heat shrink on the end of the protruding wire. Very simple thanks to the photo posted in this thread.

I have to admit, it's an improvement in the clean channel. It took the harshness out. I used to have the treble rolled way off and the bass all the way up. Now, I'm finding l leave the bass all the way up but boost the treble to about the 3:00 position. Net, the amp is a lot better balanced with the C13 mod.

Wish there was something to split the difference.

• Members

C13 is a great improvement to the clean channel, makes it far more useable.

I still have my main 3203 which I will never sell. I have my gigging back up for sale right now over in the for sale section.

I was very close to having Voodoo mod my 3203, I've heard clips and the cleans are Fender good. The boost channel is improved as well, More gain, less fizz, better harmonics. If I have some spare cash, I might have it done down the line. You might want to check it out.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There seems to be some inconsistency on what the C13 mod does. Most say it takes harshness and brightness out of the clean channel (a good thing). then Fatcat says it only affects the boost channel. Which is it?

Any change to the Boost channel is quite subtle -- so subtle that I can't tell a difference. (and i'm a veteran audio engineer)

The change to the clean channel is life altering... i.e. clean channel is useless before it (imo), amazing after it.

Archived