A WIP, and First time singing

Jamingguitarist

• Members

Hey Jamingguitarist! Welcome to the HC Songwriting Forum.

You've got a nice, easy going guy next door thing going with your vocal... I think it mostly comes off really pretty well. (The doubling might need just a little tightening up for maximum effectiveness.)

The mix is a little problematic -- the vocals and lead guitar are way up front, the rhythm guitar and bass buried and the drum machine is really far down there. There's also a rhythmic disjointedness to way the instruments fit together. The drums and rhythm seemed out with each other and then they seemed out with the vocal and lead guitar. The lead guitar was pretty good -- and pretty exuberant -- but if I'd hired a guy who played that much and liked to bump the top that much, I think I'd ask him to play less and slower. Still, pretty tasty!

I think with a little reworking you could have a quite nice little tune here. ;) I think it's pretty fine singing for a first time out!

I hope you'll stick around, share some of your thoughts on songwriting, as well as share some of your insights into other folks' music here when they're looking for constructive criticism.

• Members

Hey Jamingguitarist! Welcome to the HC Songwriting Forum.

You've got a nice, easy going guy next door thing going with your vocal... I think it mostly comes off really pretty well. (The doubling might need just a little tightening up for maximum effectiveness.)

The mix is a little problematic -- the vocals and lead guitar are way up front, the rhythm guitar and bass buried and the drum machine is really far down there. There's also a rhythmic disjointedness to way the instruments fit together.
The drums and rhythm seemed out with each other and then they seemed out with the vocal and lead guitar
. The lead guitar was pretty good -- and pretty exuberant --
but if I'd
hired
a guy
who played that much and liked to bump the top that much, I think I'd ask him to play less and slower.
Still, pretty tasty!

I think with a little reworking you could have a quite nice little tune here.
;)
I think it's
pretty fine singing
for a first time out!

I hope you'll stick around, share some of your thoughts on songwriting, as well as share some of your insights into other folks' music here when they're looking for constructive criticism.

Ya I really only play guitar, I seriously am Bad at drums, never really enjoyed playing it. Really I just focused on Guitar and Vocals for this time. Plus it's still just being worked on so really just like a little demo. But thanks for the Constructive crit, I know my mixing needs work I've really just begun to work on that, but really I'm still just in love with jamming and straight playing music, not to worried about recording for right now!

And plus I'm 16 going on 17 in May So i still got years ahead of me of learning! And I'm looking forward to each and every minute!

Archived