My Band's first show... YOUTUBE VIDEOS. Please critique!

ryan_adelphi

• Members

It's a pity you don't have a studio recording of these songs, from what I can hear with the crappy concert recording and youtube quality you guys have a lot of talent. I couldn't hear all the parts too well, but I got the basic feel of the songs. I think your opener was far stronger than your closer. I think a concert closer needs to be the most memorable song, because that's the one people will be hearing in their head as you leave the stage and they walk out.

You guys seem fairly young. Are you still high school? Just curious cause I'm a senior, and it's good to see other young musicians around here. Sometimes B2B makes me feel like this is an AARP meeting rather than a musicians forum.

(Jk man :p)

I suggest you guys try to get some proper recordings done I think you have some half decent material and some good talent and I think it'd be so much easier to give advice with a non concert recording, mostly cause of quality.

• Members

Welcome to the songwriting forum!

We're basically all about sitting around talking about the art and craft of songwriting and offering assistance with feedback and constructive criticism on new songs and other works in progress.

We're not much about self-promotion. There's a time and place for that -- but, here, we like to focus on works in progress and sorting out songwriting issues.

Like so much in life -- what you get out of it will likely depend on what you put in...

I hope you'll share your insight with others when they're looking for critiques -- it's a great way to let people get to know you.

And the more that people know you as someone who is willing to help out, the more eager they'll be to help you when you're looking for some good ol' constructive crit.

Welcome!

• Members

it was a bit hard to hear from the quality of the video, so i'll critique the performance, which was good!

for a first show it was entertaining and if i was at the show i would have stayed for the whole thing!

good job! looking forward to hearing more of your stuff :)

-PJ

• Members

Finally got a chance to watch the opener... Strong pop sense, good hooky stuff, reminds me of 4 or 5 of a lot of people's different bands -- in a good way. :D (There's a strong echo of a Beach Boys melody in that one little part... pretty tantalizing.)

Fun, catchy. I'd sit up and take notice if I saw you guys in a bar. ;)

Archived