crit my song black reign

• Members

Does it sound like these?

black reign 3-4-08

new guitar instrumental demo [also "black reign"] 2-20-08

As I wrote a week ago when you wrote specifically asking for feedback:

You're certainly a prolific guy, Nathaniel!

If you're not getting as much feedback as you'd like, I suspect you'll find that offering your own feedback on other folks' work helps them get to know you as well as encouraging them to reciprocate.

Like so much in life, this forum will tend to give back what one puts in.

;)

Before I wrote that I did a search on posts by you (and another one just now) and -- unless I missed something -- though you've posted feedback requests quite a few times here -- and have received feedback from some folks (including me), I did not find any instance of you actually giving feedback or constructive crit to anyone else here in the songwriting forum. If I missed something, I'm sorry. But, here's the deal... this whole creative workshop process is a cooperative venture and it depends on folks getting and giving.

While I don't like to think ot it as giving-to-get -- after one has taken the time out to sit down and thoughtfully listen to someone else's work a number of times and taken the time to try to give thoughtful and helpful constructive comments but finally realizes that that person is not doing the same for others... well, it's a triage situation. There's only so much time in the day. I try to help out people who've been contributing to the community, then to newcomers, and finally... well, here I am giving you a little dutch uncle advice. I hope it proves helpful.

• Members

It sounds disjointed to me, you have some great guitar chops but IMO the synth parts don't fit at all and sound abrasive. The song overall sounds like it is trying to go somewhere but doesn't. I can't seem to hear a bass line at all.

Archived